This repository is no longer actively maintained, if you want to become the maintainer, raise a new issue and I can add you to the organisation.
NHapi is a .NET port of the original Java project HAPI.
NHapi allows Microsoft .NET developers to easily use an HL7 2.x object model. This object model allows for parsing and encoding HL7 2.x data to/from Pipe Delimited or XML formats. A very handy program for use in the health care industry.
This project is NOT affiliated with the HL7 organization. This software just conforms to the HL7 2.x specifications.
- Easy object model
- Microsoft .NET 3.5 library that conforms to HL7 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.3.1, 2.4, 2.5, 2.5.1, 2.6, 2.7, 2.7.1, 2.8 and 2.8.1 specifications
- Can take a pipe delimited or XML formatted HL7 2.x message and build the C# object model for use in code
- Can take the C# HL7 object model and produce pipe delimited or XML formatted HL7
- FREE! (You can't beat that price) and open source
NHapi currently targets version 3.5 of the .NET Framework
The easiest way to get started using nHapi is to use the NuGet package 'nHapi':
Using the package manager console withing visual studio, simply run the following command:
PM > Install-Package nHapi
If you use nHapi you may find the following projects useful:
- NHapiTools - Many useful extension methods, helper methods for listening on MLLP/TCP, generating ACK messages, custom segments, validation rules, too many features to list here.
- HL7Fuse - HL7 Message Hub / Integration Engine
Should you know of any other projects that use or improve nHapi please let me know or send a pull request with a link to the project and I'll be happy to add it to the list.