LEAD-DBS is NOT intended for clinical use!
LEAD-DBS is a MATLAB toolbox facilitating the:
- reconstruction of deep-brain-stimulation (DBS) electrodes in the human brain on basis of postoperative MRI and/or CT imaging
- the visualization of localization results in 2D/3D
- a group-analysis of DBS-electrode placement results and their effects on clinical results
- simulation of DBS stimulations (calculation of volume of activated tissue – VAT)
- diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) based connectivity estimates and fiber-tracking from the VAT to other brain regions (connectomic surgery)
- Recommended RAM size: 16GB or more
- MATLAB version: R2016b (MATLAB 9.1) or later
- MATLAB Image Processing Toolbox
- MATLAB Signal Processing Toolbox
Lead-DBS can be downloaded from our website (www.lead-dbs.org) in fully functional form.
Alternatively, especially in case you wish to modify and contribute to Lead-DBS, you can
- Clone the Lead-DBS repository from github.
- Download the necessary data and unzip it into the cloned git repository.
We’d love to implement your improvements into Lead-DBS – please contact us for direct push access to Github or feel free to add pull-requests to the Lead-DBS repository.
You can run Lead-DBS by typing "lead demo" into the Matlab prompt. This will open up the main GUI and a 3D viewer with an example patient. But there's much more to explore. Head over to https://www.lead-dbs.org/ to see a walkthrough tutorial, a manual, some more screenshots and other ressources. There's also a helpline in form of a Slack channel. We would love to hear from you.
If you have questions/problems when using Lead-DBS, you can checkout our: