Hi! I'm Nick. 👋🏻
My name is Nick Taylor and I hail from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
I am a Staff Software Engineer at Netlify on the ecosystem team, focusing on front-end technologies and tooling. I also have a growing interest in serverless and edge computing. I also stream on Twitch.
I'm not a big fan of spiders, but I know they're doing good work eating bugs.
Aside from programming, I enjoy contributing to open source, hitting the gym, snowboarding, and rugby a long time ago.
Latest Written Work
- Yet Another Newsletter LOL: :where() you at?
- Yet Another Newsletter LOL: Reinvent the browser
- Have you moved from Twitter to Mastodon for social media?
- App to grab your Revue newsletters
- Yet Another Newsletter LOL: You don't unit test???
- Revue being phased out by Twitter
Check out more videos on my YouTube channel.
DEV Twitch Stream
The DEV Twitch stream is something I started with my old co-worker Christina Gorton during Hacktoberst 2020. From there it grew and became more than pairing with folks on Forem issues. We also interviewed folks from the tech space. I went solo when Christina left Forem at the start of 2022 and continued the stream until the end of March 2022.
Good times and great guests. Thanks to everyone that was a part of it.
Check out more videos on the DEV YouTube channel.
Places You Can Find Me
- My Newsletter
- live.iamdeveloper.com (my Twitch stream)
- My YouTube Channel
- Nick's Cuts (my Podcast)
I'm pretty much @nickytonline everywhere