3D grid and building block engine supporting the 3DML text format, similar to but predates Minecraft
To run the latest Flatland app for Windows 10 / DirectX 11 just download the zip file with the executable from Flatland.com. You can also find 3D spots there to load and tutorial and guide information.
If you want to compiled the source the project file for Visual Studio 2017 is included.
Want to help? Here are some ideas for extending the feature set
- Native VR support
- Ports to other platforms via Emscripten (we are working on readying the engine for conversion)
- Cloud support for spot storage and delivery
- More natural first person player movement
- 3rd person player character support
- Philip Stephens - Initial work
- Michael Powers - Original design and version 3.5 additions
- TC Chang - Block models and textures
See also the list of contributors who participated in this project.
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details