Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
- Fixed graphical problem with xBRZ filter.
- Fixed mappers 50, 90, 156, 178, UNL-KOF97, UNL-VRC7, MMC3 KT-008 PCB.
- Fixed possible issue with High DPI monitor.
- The shortcuts were not applied and saved correctly. Fixed.
- For the general UxROM mapper use a full 8-bit bank select register.
- Fixed compilation with QT 5.12 under Windows.
- Fixed the management of the zapper that now also correctly manages the X coordinates.
- Updated the Russian translation (thx Alter0ne).
- Fixed the disappearance of the mouse cursor after two seconds.
- Fixed the emulator freezing if pressed "Switch Sides" hotkey.
- Added the rewind function that replaces the timeline.
Now it is possible to "rewind" the game. Once the rewind function has
been activated (at any time during the game) it is possible to move
forward and backward in the gameplay one frame at a time or at different
speeds (1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x or 64x). You will be able to move
freely in the recording until you press the "play" button, from that
moment all the gameplay memorized after the selected frame will be lost.
In the "general settings" you can select the duration in minutes of the
recordable gameplay (the different options are: disable, 2mins, 5mins,
15mins, 30min, 60mins or unlimited) but keep in mind that the more
minutes you can record the more space on the hard disk will be used.
Added support for the UNIF mapper UNIF DREAMTECH01.
Fixed mapper MMC5 and 213.
Added support for NSFe format.
Added OpenBSD support.
Added support for IPS, BPS and XDELTA patches.
It's possible to patch the ROM through 3 ways:
- rename the patch with the same name as the ROM and copy it to the same directory where the ROM is present (example: if "Adventures of Lolo (U) [!].nes" is the name of the ROM, rename the patch in "Adventures of Lolo (U) [!].ips")
- drag it to the emulator window (compressed patches are supported)
- apply it via the "Apply Patch" item in the File menu (compressed patches are supported)
If more than one patch is present in the compressed file, it will always be possible to select which one to apply. In order to automatically apply a patch to a ROM, in addition to method 1) it is also possible to create a compressed archive that contains both the ROM and the patch. In this case the name of the ips file isn't important (example : compressed file contain "Adventures of Lolo (U) [!].nes" and "adv.ips").
Rewritten the UI for the settings.
Added the compatibility of the UI for High DPI.
Rewritten and uniformed GFX stack.
Increased performance by 20%/30%.
Dropped out dependencies from SDL and QT4 libraries.
Now it's necessary that QT5 have compiled with support for SVG (and OpenGL for OpenGL version).
Fixed the management of VSync (when you change this option you need to restart the emulator to apply it correctly).
Added the ability to change shader parameters if supported by the shader.
Added a palette editor.
Added in Video Settings an option to show FPS.
Eliminated a lot of unnecessary code.
Fixed many many bugs and increased the accuracy of emulation.
- I had forgotten in release v0.101 to add support for NSF and UNIF files in compressed archives.
- Now puNES is UTF-8 compatible.
- Now puNES is a NSF player.
- Added support for the mappers: 6, 27, 30, 35, 43, 123, 134, 151, 155, 162, 166, 167, 168, 187, 188, 190, 196, 197, 250, 252, 253, 254.
- Added support for the UNIF mappers: TF1201, TEK90, EH8813A, Sachen-8259A, 11160, G-146, 12-IN-1, 411120-C, T-262, BS-5, 8157, 830118C, 8237, 8237A, NTD-03, 42in1ResetSwitch, CNROM, Ghostbusters63in1, 64in1NoRepeat, 70in1, 70in1B, H2288, KOF97, 603-5052, CITYFIGHT, TFROM, BB, T-230, 43272, AC-08, KS7013B, SA-72008, MTECH01, UNIF FS304, SA-70037, YOKO, SA-9602B, CC-21, LH32, NovelDiamond9999999in1, SL1632, SA-72007, Sachen-8259B, SHERO, SuperHIK8in1, SMB2J, AX5705, Supervision16in1, SA-0036, GS-2004, GS-2013, KS7012, KS7037, KS7016, KS7017, LH10, KS7032, SC-127, RT-01, MASLIB, BOY, 8-IN-1, HP898F, 158B, 810544-C-A1, KS7031, DRAGONFIGHTER, Super24in1SC03, VRC7.
- Fixed mappers: 15, 45, 52, 60, 108, 116, 114, 121, 205, 219, MMC5, Tengen, Waixing.
- Implemented auto eject and auto insert of fds disks when you switch side (ALT+S) or change disk.
- Added support for multithreading in the xBRZ filter.
- Added the option to select the output audio device.
- Added "Fullscreen in window" options.
- Added "Start/Stop record WAV" to record audio.
- Added "Hide Zapper cursor" option.
- Added the Overclocking option.
- Added full support to XInput (Windows version). No more input lag and no more problem with any controller.
- Added full support to Vs. System.
- Eliminated the "Software" mode in OpenGL version.
- Eliminated dependency from the "autoconf-archive" package.
- Eliminated the Audio Low Quality option.
- Separate management of software filters and shader. Many shaders give different results depending on the filter used because they have been designed for an input image of 256 * 240 pixels.
- Separate management of the size of window and software filters.
- Rewrote the overscan management.
- Rewrote the input management and added support for SNES Mouse, Arkanoid Paddle and Oeka Kids Tablet.
- Eliminated a lot of unnecessary code.
- Fixed many many bugs and increased the accuracy of emulation.
- Added other options and features that I don't remember now.
- Added support to mapper 40.
- Fixed aspect ratio of NTSC software filters.
- (OpenGL) Add the "Disable RGB FBO" option. Some older drivers of video cards do not support them properly altering the color palette with shaders.
- Added the pixel aspect ratio of PAL TV.
- Added "xBRZ 5x" and "xBRZ 6x" software filters.
- Added the possibility to make screenshots (ALT+X) which will be automatically saved in the folder "screenshot" of the base directory.
- Added "Unlimited sprites" (ALT+U) option.
- Added "Hide sprites" (ALT+V) and "Hide background" (ALT+B) options.
- (Windows) Fixed bug that allows the monitor turned off during a game session.
- Added "Pause" shortcut.
- Better support for the submappers in NES 2.0.
- Fix for recognize correctly the CHR RAM size with the NES 2.0.
- Fixed saving of the option 'Permit "Up + Down" and "Left + Right"...' in the configuration file.
- Added two new palettes (Thanks to Firebrandx for his work http://www.firebrandx.com/nespalette.html).
- Fixed the mirroring in the VRC2 mapper.
- Added the full support for the RetroArch's shaders (https://github.com/libretro/common-shaders).
- OpenGL version support ".glslp" and ".cgp" (linux version need that is istalled the nvidia-cg-toolkit package) shaders.
- D3D9 version support only ".cgp" shaders. Then, based on experience made in these months of development, in D3D9 version many shader ".cgp" do not work (such as CRT-royale), it seems that this shaders has been developed for the OpenGL version.
- Windows: fixed a bug (introduced in the rewriting of the audio subsystem of version 0.97) that did not allow the correct synchronization between threads distorting the sound after a few minutes of use.
- fixed a typo in the config file configuration for the "panning" option.
- converted to autotools build system.
- from now puNES is an open-source project (https://github.com/punesemu/puNES). I will continue to release binaries for Linux versions even though I do not think will serve much longer. At compile time, you can specify whether you want to use the QT5 instead of QT4 passing the "--enable-qt5" to configure.