Welcome to the PureScript documentation repository!
This repository is a collaborative effort, so please feel free to make a pull request to add/edit content or create an issue to discuss it. PureScript is a big project used by people coming from a variety of backgrounds. Making documentation useful to a wide variety of people is really hard to do well, requiring readers like you to point out and add documentation you feel is missing. Thanks for helping!
Topics currently in this repository's scope:
- PureScript language reference documentation
- Its compiler errors
- Core concepts on which the language is based
- Introduction to package managers and dependency management
- Comparison with similar languages
- An introduction to other sources of documentation
Topics currently not in scope:
- Using PureScript libraries (those docs belong with the corresponding libraries)
- A PureScript language teaching course (use the PureScript by Example book or other resources)
Feel free to make an issue to discuss amending the scope.
- Getting Started: Download PureScript and build your first project
- PureScript By Example: A book about PureScript. Learn functional programming for the web by solving practical problems
- Try PureScript: Try PureScript in your browser
- Editor and tool support: Editor plugins, build tools, and other development tools
- PureScript and NixOS: How to use PureScript with NixOS
- PSCi: An interactive development tool for PureScript
- Maintained Packages
- Style Guide
- Alternate Backends: PureScript can compile to other languages as well!
- Common Operators
- The Foreign Function Interface (FFI)
- FFI Tips
- Generic Programming
- Handling Native Effects with the Eff Monad
- Custom Type Errors
- PureScript Without Node
- 24 Days of PureScript 2016
- Try PureScript Help
- More Guides
The PureScript Book is the recommended approach to learning the language, since it covers more material in greater depth. There is also a language guide, which is more useful as a reference: