An XMPP Framework in Objective-C for the Mac and iOS development community.
XMPPFramework provides a core implementation of RFC-3920 (the XMPP standard), along with the tools needed to read & write XML. It comes with multiple popular extensions (XEP's), all built atop a modular architecture, allowing you to plug-in any code needed for the job. Additionally the framework is massively parallel and thread-safe. Structured using GCD, this framework performs well regardless of whether it's being run on an old iPhone, or on a 12-core Mac Pro. (And it won't block the main thread... at all)
The minimum deployment target is iOS 8.0 / macOS 10.8.
The easiest way to install
XMPPFramework is using CocoaPods. Remember to add to the top of your
use_frameworks! line (even if you are not using swift):
- This will install the whole framework with all the avaiable extensions:
# The version pushed to CocoaPods is very out of date, use master branch for now pod 'XMPPFramework', :git => "https://github.com/robbiehanson/XMPPFramework.git", :branch => 'master' # pod 'XMPPFramework'
- If you want to pick what extensions to install:
pod 'XMPPFramework/XEP-0009' pod 'XMPPFramework/XEP-0224'
pod install open the
.xcworkspace and import:
import XMPPFramework // swift @import XMPPFramework; //objective-c
For more info please take a look at the wiki.
- Overview of the XMPP Framework
- Getting started using XMPPFramework on Mac OS X
- Getting started using XMPPFramework on iOS
- XEPs supported by the XMPPFramework
- Learn more about XMPPFramework
Love the project? Wanna buy me a