Structured Content editing for DNN (Dotnetnuke)
- Html module replacement for responsive websites
- Easy content editing of complex layouts by end users
- Content editing for websites using frameworks like bootstrap
- Structured content editing of complex data (from single item to multiple lists)
- Field types for Text, HTML, Images (with cropper) and more.
- Template based rendering
- Multi language
- Template exchange with data definition and templates
- Module title editing from the Content editing UI
- Online template editing
- And much more...
Documentation : [url:https://opencontent.readme.io]
** Starter Templates Demos : [url:http://www.openextensions.net/dnn-modules/opencontent/bootstrap] Templates download : [url:http://www.openextensions.net/templates/open-content] Templates on GitHub [url:https://github.com/sachatrauwaen/OpenContent-Templates]
Create a topic branch from where you want to base your work. This is usually the 'development' branch.
To quickly create a topic branch based on development; git checkout -b my_contribution development Make commits of logical units.
Set up development environment
To set up a development environment and build DNN Dev Tools, just follow the steps below:
- Download and extract the source code or clone the Git repository
- Install a new DNN instance (DNN 07.03.00 or later) under \PATH\TO\OpenContent..\Website
- Open the solution file \PATH\OpenContent\OpenContent.sln in Visual Studio 2015 (launch Visual Studio as administrator)
- Build in Release mode, which creates the DNN module zip file \PATH\TO\OpenContent..\Website\Install\Module\OpenContent_[XX.XX.XX]_Install.zip
- Log-in as host administrator and browser to the page "Host > Extensions" and install DNN Dev Tools under "Available Extensions > Modules"
- (optionally) Build the solution in Debug mode to copy the files to the Website folder instead of creating a DNN module zip file
- (optionally) Open a Powershell console and run \PATH\TO\OpenContent\AutoDeployment.ps1 to automatically copy frontend resources (like scripts or styles) to the Website folder when changing them in the solution