GitHub To Talker
This is actually a rack application that helps to receive POST request from your GitHub hook service and rePOSTs the commit message back to your Talker room.
Talker: http://talkerapp.com - a cool collaboration tool that I use with my friends.
How this work
- First you have to set the URL to your Talker room and your TALKER token key in the githubtotalker.rb file.
- Then, you can run your app with any webserver, for example, thin, heroku, etc.
- Set your POST-Receive URL in GitHub.
- You can actually modify the the message gets sent to Talker by playing with this app locally.
- I use Shotgun http://github.com/rtomayko/shotgun to run this app.
- Then, configure your Talker room URL and Talker token.
- Send the payload by calling: