E. T. Somogyi 1, J. K. Medley 3, M. T. Karlsson 2, M. Swat 1, M. Galdzicki 3, K. Choi 3, W. Copeland 3 and H. M. Sauro 3
- Biocomplexity Institute, Indiana University, Simon Hall MSB1, Bloomington, IN 47405
- Dune Scientific, 10522 Lake City Way NE, #302 Seattle WA
- Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 98195
libRoadRunner is a high performance and portable simulation engine for systems and synthetic biology.
IMPORTANT! Contributors must follow the contribution guidelines. Contibuters are responsible for complying with the guidelines, including (but not limited to) making commits to the correct branch. Maintainers are not responsible for changes made to the wrong branch. Contributors take full responsibility for ensuring that their changes get merged into the develop branch.
libRoadRunner supports the following features:
- Time Dependent Simulation (with optional conservation law reduction) using CVODE
- Supports SBML Level 2 to 3 but currently excludes algebraic rules and delay differential equations
- Uses latest libSBML distribution
- Defaults to LLVM code generation on the backend, resulting is very fast simulation times
- Optional generation of model C code and linking at run-time
- Add plugins, distribution comes with Levenberg-Marquardt optimizer plugin
- Compute steady state
- Metabolic Control Analysis
- Frequency Domain Analysis
- Access to:
- Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Jacobian, full and reduced
- Structural Matrices of the stoichiometry matrix
RoadRunner is licensed for free as an open source programmatic library for use in other applications and as a standalone command line driven application. Its C++ API, C API, and Python APIs have comprehensive documentation. On Windows, OS X, and Linux binary files can be
downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/projects/libroadrunner/files and can be installed ready for use.
This work is funded by NIGMS grant: GM081070
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the License); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an ÎAS IS BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
In plain english this means:
You CAN freely download and use this software, in whole or in part, for personal, company internal, or commercial purposes;
You CAN use the software in packages or distributions that you create.
You SHOULD include a copy of the license in any redistribution you may make;
You are NOT required include the source of software, or of any modifications you may have made to it, in any redistribution you may assemble that includes it.
YOU CANNOT: redistribute any piece of this software without proper attribution;
The libroadrunner logo is an adaptation of the image originally posted to Flickr by El Brujo+ at http://flickr.com/photos/11039104@N08/2954808342. It was reviewed on 9 August 2009 by the FlickreviewR robot and was confirmed to be licensed under the terms of the cc-by-sa-2.0.