PasSFML - Simple and Fast Multimedia Library for Pascal
SFML is a simple, fast, cross-platform and object-oriented multimedia API. It provides access to windowing, graphics, audio and network. It is originally written in C++, and this project is an inofficial binding for the Pascal language. It makes use of the C wrappers from the CSFML bindings.
You can find SFML here: http://www.sfml-dev.org/
SFML is released under the the zlib/png+ license. The license can be optained here: http://opensource.org/licenses/Zlib
- Christian-W. Budde - developer (Christian@savioursofsoul.de)
- Laurent Gomila - original CSFML and SFML developer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can get the current development version from the git repository (https://github.com/CWBudde/PasSFML).
Currently Delphi and FPC/Lazarus are supported. However, due to a compiler incompatibility with the Delphi compiler (solved with workarounds), FPC is recommended at the moment.
For Linux development it is necessary to also install the libcsfml-dev package.
There is no tutorial for PasSFML, but since it's a binding you can use the C++ resources:
- The official tutorials (http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/)
- The online API documentation (http://www.sfml-dev.org/documentation/)
- The community wiki (https://github.com/LaurentGomila/SFML/wiki/)
- The community forum (http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/) (or http://fr.sfml-dev.org/forums/ for french people)
SFML and PasSFML are open-source projects, and they need your help to go on growing and improving. Don't hesitate to post suggestions or bug reports on the forum (http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/), submit patches by e-mail, or post new bugs/features requests on the task tracker (https://github.com/CWBudde/PasSFML/issues/). You can even fork the project on GitHub, maintain your own version and send us pull requests periodically to merge your work.