For full version list, see Timeline in Lenia portal
- [2020-10-13] Update Python version with multi-kernel and multi-channel extensions (v3.4 LeniaNDK.py, v3.5 LeniaNDKC.py). To see the most advanced Lenia patterns, run "python LeniaNDKC.py -c3 -k3", and press "B"
- [2020-07-22] Companion video "Lenia: Expanded Universe" available at https://youtu.be/HT49wpyux-k
- [2020-07-14] Paper published in ALIFE 2020 Proceedings at https://www.mitpressjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1162/isal_a_00297
- [2020-05-07] Preprint paper "Lenia and Expanded Universe" for ALIFE2020 available at https://arxiv.org/abs/2005.03742
- [2020-01-13] Major update in Python version: n-Dimensional Lenia. List of changes see LeniaND changes.txt
- [2019-12-14] Lifeforms found in 3D and 4D Lenia https://twitter.com/BertChakovsky/status/1211010576631005184 https://twitter.com/BertChakovsky/status/1209177017096163328
- [2019-10-16] Paper published in Complex Systems journal at https://www.complex-systems.com/abstracts/v28_i03_a01/
- [2019-05-04] Preprint paper updated on arXiv, accepted by Complex Systems journal and waiting for publication
- [2018-12-27] Preprint paper "Lenia - Biology of Artificial Life" available at https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05433
Lenia is a 2D cellular automata with continuous space, time and states. It produces a huge variety of interesting life forms.
Fastest version, minimalist layout. Now with GPU support! (Needs Python3 and various libraries)
Fast version, great tools for statistical analysis. (Needs purchased copy of Matlab)
The original program, slow but with most features.
3D rendering using plot.ly