WMD: The Wysiwym Markdown Editor
This is a fork of WMD for CakePHP. It was forked from ChiperSoft Systems & NFY Interactive designed for use in CMS engines, which in turn was forked from the Open Library fork of WMD and it from the Stackoverflow fork.
Major Changes from Open Library Revision
- Extended showdown to support a series of Markdown extensions:
- Link urls that start with ! are opened in a new window
- Text wrapped with double carets is made superscript (ex:
^^this text is superscripted^^)
- Text wrapped with double commas is made subscript (ex:
,,this text is subscripted,,)
- Text wrapped with double tildes is made strikethrough (ex:
~~this text is struck~~)
- (c), (r), (tm), -- and ... are converted into their respective html entities.
- Lines prefixed with "->" are right aligned. Lines also postfixed with "<-" are center aligned.
- Several ascii characters that may produce encoding issues (such as curled quotes) are converted into entities
- Removed top level frame pollution, forcing WMD to run only in its own document.
- Removed the automatic conversion from Markdown to HTML when the form is submitted.
- Removed the automatic addition of http:// to image urls, preventing the entry of relative addresses.
- Numerous bug fixes to both WMD and Showdown
How to use (in your CakePHP view)
<div class="posts form"> <?php echo $this->Form->create('Post'); ?> <fieldset> <legend><?php __('Add Post'); ?></legend> <?php echo $this->Form->hidden("id"); echo $this->Form->input('title'); echo $this->Markdown->input('content'); ?> </fieldset> <?php echo $this->Form->end(__('Publish', true));?> </div>
WMD Editor is licensed under MIT License.