Netlify CMS + React Starter
A starter project for creating lightning-fast, offline-first websites with Netlify CMS and React.
- Create React App
- React Router for routing
- React Helmet for document titles, descriptions, meta
- Netlify CMS for content management
I aim to include commonly used components and best-practices e.g. forms, settings, tags, lazy-loading images, etc.
- Hit the Deploy to Netlify button. This will:
- Clone the repo into your Github account
- Create you a new project on Netlify, build & deploy
- Once your Netlify project has been created, check a couple of settings:
- Enable Identity
- Change Registration Preferences to Invite Only
- Enable Git Gateway
- Invite users (probably yourself) to enable admin access
- Open the Identity tab and hit Invite Users
Show me the CMS!
The CMS lives at __YOUR_SITE_NAME__.netlify.com/admin.
Clone your repo to your local machine
- Run the development server
yarn start or
npm run start
If you are adding or editing content locally in the CMS, a couple of things to note:
Changes will be pushed to the remote repo.
You will be prompted to enter your site's url, this is necessary for Netlify Identity to manage user login. This is stored in
localStorage, so you might have to empty your browser cache if you are switching projects but remaining on
Editing CMS fields
The Netlify CMS configuration is located in
public/admin/config.yml. This is where you will configure the pages, fields, posts and settings that are editable by the CMS.
Find out more in the Netlify CMS Docs.