Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - React Native Client
This project contains a demo application showing the integration between the Lightstreamer Client Library and React Native.
This app, compatible with iPhone, is a React Native version of Stock-List iOS Client.
This app uses the Lightstreamer Client Library - Core to handle the communications with Lightstreamer Server. A simple user interface is implemented to display real-time market data for ten stocks generated by a feed simulator.
If you want to go deeper into React Native, check out the React Native site.
Binaries for the application are not provided, but it may be downloaded from the App Store at this address. The downloaded app will connect to Lightstreamer's online demo server.
A full Xcode project specification, ready for compilation of the app sources, is provided. Please recall that you need a valid iOS Developer Program membership to run or debug your app on a test device.
Before you can build this demo, you need to install various required tools.
This guide assumes OS X which is needed for iOS development.
Install Xcode 11.0 or higher. It can be installed from the App Store.
Install Node.js version 8.3 or newer (it includes npm as well).
Install the latest version of Cocoapods.
All the following commands need to be typed on a command line window.
- Install watchman, for instance with Homebrew by doing:
$ brew install watchman
- Install the React Native command line tools: (if you see the error EACCES: permission denied, please run the command preceded by sudo)
$ npm install -g react-native-cli
- Go into the folder Lightstreamer-example-StockList-client-reactnative and get the dependencies with the command:
$ npm install
- Go into the folder Lightstreamer-example-StockList-client-reactnative/ios and run the following command to link the iOS platform-specific dependencies:
$ pod install
Compile and Run
- Open the file StockList.xcworkspace with Xcode
- Set the IP address of your local Lightstreamer Server in the constant
SERVER_ADDRESS, defined in
- Follow the installation instructions for the Data and Metadata adapters required by the demo, detailed in the Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Java Adapter project.
Done this, the app should run correctly on your test device and connect to your server.
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by This Demo Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock- List Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Reusable Metadata Adapters- Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demos - HTML Clients
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - iOS Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo with APNs Push Notifications - iOS Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Android Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - OS X Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Windows Phone Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Electron Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - HTML (React) Client
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes
- Compatible with Lightstreamer Client Web SDK - Core 8.0.0 or newer.