Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - React Native Client
This project contains a demo application showing the integration between the Lightstreamer Node.js Client Library and React Native.
This app, compatible with iPhone, is a React Native version of Stock-List iOS Client.
If you want to go deeper into React Native, check out the React Native site.
Binaries for the application are not provided, but it may be downloaded from the App Store at this address. The downloaded app will connect to Lightstreamer's online demo server.
A full Xcode project specification, ready for compilation of the app sources, is provided. Please recall that you need a valid iOS Developer Program membership to run or debug your app on a test device.
Before you can build this demo, you need to install various required tools.
This guide assumes OS X which is needed for iOS development.
Install Xcode 7.0 or higher. It can be installed from the App Store.
If you don't have Node.js installed on your system, please go to Node.js download page and get the latest stable Machintosh version (it includes the also required npm).
All the following commands need to be typed on a command line window.
- Install watchman, for instance with Homebrew by doing:
$ brew install watchman
- Install the React Native command line tools: (if you see the error EACCES: permission denied, please run the command preceded by sudo)
$ npm install -g react-native-cli
- Go into the Lightstreamer-example-StockList-client-reactnative folder and get dependencies with command:
$ npm install
Compile and Run
- Create an app ID on the Apple Developer Center.
- Create and install an appropriate provisioning profile for the app ID above and your test device, on the Apple Developer Center.
- Set the app ID above as the Bundle Identifier of the Xcode project of the app.
- Set the IP address of your local Lightstreamer Server in the constant
SERVER_ADDRESS, defined in
- Follow the installation instructions for the Data and Metadata adapters required by the demo, detailed in the Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Java Adapter project.
Done this, the app should run correctly on your test device and connect to your server.
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by This Demo Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock- List Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Reusable Metadata Adapters- Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demos - HTML Clients
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - iOS Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo with APNs Push Notifications - iOS Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Android Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - OS X Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Windows Phone Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Electron Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - HTML (React) Client
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes