The nRF Toolbox is a container app that stores your Nordic Semiconductor apps for Bluetooth Smart in one location.
New in V4.4.4:
- Improvet HomeKit view, allowing user to switch homes, and create a home if none exists.
- Fixed issuew with HomeKit showing permission error as soon as the permission was given.
- Removed automatic home creation in HomeKit view, now user can manually create the home.
- Improved error handling to show the user actual parsed messages from homekit errors instead of showing generic errors
- Updated DFULibrary to version 4.1.1
- Improved fieltype selection UI
- Added an option to allow users to select the DFU scope when flashing distribution packages.
New in V4.4.3:
- Fixed a bug causing DFU errors not to be displayed properly on the DFU screen.
- Added ability to flash SoftDevice + Bootloader Hex files.
- Updated iOSDFULibrary to version 4.1.0.
New in V4.4.2:
- Fixed an issue with glucose monitors context reading that caused a crash or missing data from the reading context
- iPhone X support
- iOS11 Support (Large navigation bar)
- Swift 4 migration
- iOSDFULibrary V4.0.2 updated within app
- UI improvements for smaller screens, and improvemetns for newer lagers screens
New in V4.4.1:
- Fixed an issue introduced in V4.4.0 causing the HomeKit accessory service to not be readable
- Enhanced HomeKit profile view by notifying of any HomeKit related errors instead of logging to console
New in V4.4.0:
- Adds HomeKit profile, allowing browsing and adding HomeKit accessories.
- Adds Secure DFU Feature for HomeKit accessories, accessible through the HomeKit Profile view.
- Fixed small icon size issues for 3x resolution devices (iPhone 6+/7+)
- Improved UI throughout the app and all the profile views
New in V4.3.0:
- Adds Experimental Buttonless DFU feature
- DFU Library version now displayed in the DFU View
- Minor UI improvements
- Updated iOSDFULibrary to v3.0.6
New in v4.1.1:
- Fixed bug with reading IEEE Float values
- Fixed erratic values in HTS Example view see issue #27
- Fixed bug causing intermittent failures in scanner view
- Updated iOSDFULibrary to v2.1.2
New in v4.1:
- The application is now Fully migrated to Swift3.0
- Bugfix: Importing of distribution packets via email no longer crashes
- Bugfix: Glucose monitor demo no longer crashes/displays incorrect timestamps when the device uses the 12 hour format locale
- Bugfix: Glucose monitor demo no longer duplicates data on the last row when refresh button is tapped
New in v4.0:
- The application is fully migrated to Swift2.2
- Added Continuous Glucose Monitor profile support
- The Application now uses the Cocoapods version of our DFU Library. See cocoapods/iOSDFULibrary
- Minor bugfixes in characteristics reading on some profiles
New in v3.0:
- The application uses DFU Library, instead of having it's own implementation.
New in v2.5:
- Refreshed Look & Feel
- Better user experience in DFU and UART profiles
- Bug fixes
It contains applications demonstrating Bluetooth Smart profiles:
- Cycling Speed and Cadence
- Running Speed and Cadence
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- Health Thermometer Monitor
- Glucose Monitor
- Proximity Monitor
Device Firmware Update (DFU)
The Device Firmware Update (DFU) profile allows you to update the application, bootloader and/or the Soft Device image over-the-air (OTA). It is compatible with Nordic Semiconductor nRF5x devices that have the S-Series SoftDevice and bootloader enabled. From version 1.5 onward, the nRF Toolbox has allowed to send the required init packet. More information about the init packet may be found here: init packet handling.
nRF Toolbox is using the iOSDFULibrary framework, available here: IOS-Pods-DFU-Library. The library is packaged with the project so no extra work is needed, if you would like to manually update it or modify it, it is bundled via cocoapods so a simple
pod update will handle updating the library for you.
The DFU profile has the following features:
- Scans for devices that are in DFU mode.
- Connects to devices in DFU mode and uploads the selected firmware (Softdevice, Bootloader and/or application).
- Allows HEX or BIN file updates
- Allows to update a Softdevice and/or bootloader and application from a distribution ZIP file automatically.
- Pause, resume, and cancel firmware updates.
- Includes pre-installed examples that consist of the Bluetooth Smart heart rate service and running speed and cadence service.
Secure Device Firmware Update (Secure DFU)
The Secure Device Firmware Update (Secure DFU) profile allows you to securely update your Nordic Semiconductor nRF5x S-Seriese devices. This works by verifying that your firmware files are signed by the vendor that released the code and has not been tampered with, also this means that the peripherals will only accept updates from the intended developers and reject any firmwares that are not properly signed with the matching key.
As an applications developer, the frontend for the DFU Library is agnostic of the DFU protocol in use, so there are no changes to be done on the mobile application's side to support Secure DFU.
- iOS 8.0 and above.
- iPhone 4S or newer.
- iPad 3 or newer.
- Compatible with nRF5x devices with S-Series Softdevice and DFU Bootloader flashed.