Cast to TV Gnome Shell Extension
Cast files to your Chromecast or other devices over local network.
After enabling the extension, remember to install required dependencies.
Here is a list of required programs that Cast to TV depends on:
Please make sure you have all of the above installed. They might be available in your linux distro repos. Try installing them with your package manager or follow the links for more info.
Before using extension you also must install some additional npm packages.
- Install npm dependencies:
cd ~/.email@example.com npm install
You can use hardware VAAPI encoding (optional). This of course requires working VAAPI drivers. More info and how to install VAAPI here.
- Cast videos, music and pictures
- Supports external and built-in subtitles (along with custom fansubs)
- Chromecast remote controller (control playback from gnome top bar)
- Play on other device using integrated web player or other video player (e.g. mpv or vlc)
- Convert videos to supported format on the fly
- Optional VAAPI video encoding for low cpu usage
- Play audio with music visualizations (requires fast cpu)
How to use
Detailed instructions related to configuration and using the extension are on wiki.
Info for translators
Before translating use Makefile to generate updated POT file.
cast-to-tv.pot file in
./po directory to generate
After translating, you can test your translation by running:
This will create
.mo files. Restart gnome-shell for changes to be applied.
If you like my work please support it by buying me a cup of coffee