A library for musical pitch conversions!
pitch_calc provides functions and methods for converting between frequency, midi-step and letter-octave.
It looks like this.
assert!(Hz(440.0).letter_octave() == (A, 4))
- Hz ("times per second").
- LetterOctave (musical letter notation).
- Mel (a perceptual scale of pitches judged by listeners to be equal in distance from one another).
- Perc (Percentage of the human hearing range (20hz - 20khz)).
- ScaledPerc (Scaled percentage of the human hearing range).
- Step (MIDI semitone steps).
Add the following to your Cargo.toml.
[dependencies.pitch_calc] git = "https://github.com/RustAudio/pitch_calc"
[dependencies] pitch_calc = "X.X.X"
where "X.X.X" is the version you want (find the latest version in the Cargo.toml).
See the example for a simple demonstration.