WordPress Docker Container
Lightweight WordPress container with Nginx 1.16 & PHP-FPM 7.3 based on Alpine Linux.
WordPress version currently installed: 5.4
- Used in production for my own sites, making it stable, tested and up-to-date
- Optimized for 100 concurrent users
- Optimized to only use resources when there's traffic (by using PHP-FPM's ondemand PM)
- Best to be used with Amazon Cloudfront as SSL terminator and CDN
- Built on the lightweight Alpine Linux distribution
- Small Docker image size (+/-50MB)
- Uses PHP 7.3 for better performance, lower cpu usage & memory footprint
- Can safely be updated without losing data
- Fully configurable because wp-config.php uses the environment variables you can pass as a argument to the container
See docker-compose.yml how to use it in your own environment.
docker run -d -p 80:80 -v /local/folder:/var/www/wp-content \ -e "DB_HOST=db" \ -e "DB_NAME=wordpress" \ -e "DB_USER=wp" \ -e "DB_PASSWORD=secret" \ -e "FS_METHOD=direct" \ trafex/wordpress
This image includes wp-cli which can be used like this:
docker exec <your container name> /usr/local/bin/wp --path=/usr/src/wordpress <your command>