Patch release. Simply bump your app's dependency declaration from
3.0.3 to adopt this release.
- Fixes Google Analytics usage ( #353 )
- Documents source code whitespace conventions ( #356 )
- Improves documentation about releasing
uw-frameitself ( #355 )
Patch release. Trivial upgrade from
v3.0.1 (or even
- Username menu items are no longer redundantly duplicatively labeled ( #351 )
- Circle buttons now maintain their circular shape even when their label text wraps ( #352 )
Major Version Upgrade
- Upgrade angular-ui-bootstrap and angular libraries (#350) from 0.13.4 to 2.2.0
The angular-ui-bootstrap upgrade moves up 2 major versions and does
break compatibility with some older components. If you used any angular-ui-bootstrap components, you'll need to prefix them with "uib-". See angular-ui-bootstrap Migration Guide for Prefixes for more information.
- Add postcss/autoprefixer to uw-frame build (#345)
- Remove dependency on Grunt (#335)
- Break docs submodule dependency (#337)
- Tweaked build.js (#348)
- Upgrade uw-frame to Angular Material 1.1 (#339)
Many third-party front-end dependencies are now used from a CDN rather than included in
uw-frame's build via
Bower. ( #324 )
This involved tweaking the
build.sh a bit.
Fixes that might affect frame-based apps
searchURLand the "What's New" URL in
app-config.jsare now relative rather than absolute URLs. ( #327 )
- fix for
text-decoration( #326 )
- Widget tooltips now stay within the visible canvas ( #331 )
Fixes that probably won't affect frame-based apps
- Major refactoring of notifications ( #323 ).
- Multiple popups are no longer bugged ( #330 ). There are no immediate use cases for multiple popups, especially since they're significantly interruptive, but if we do end up with multiple popups in the future, we won't trip over this bug.
The "new feature" of CDN usage earned this release a minor rather than patch version bump.
Upgrading should be seamless. Vanilla frame-based apps should see no practical change, since the same dependencies are still available, just loaded differently.
In this release
- Removes "Beta" subtitle from all themes. (New MyUW isn't just a beta anymore for these campuses -- it's the only.) ( #322 ).
- Refactors notification items into a new directive ( #320 ).
2.7.0 --> 2.8.0
There are no special considerations in upgrading. Bump your dependency version number declaration and run with it.
This release is a minor version bump rather than a patch release on a technicality that this introduces a new directive (so, new feature rather than just bugfixes). However, that new directive is down inside the notifications implementation and probably is a no-op for you as a frame-based-app upgrader.