WPF Animated GIF
Nuget package available here: WpfAnimatedGif.
A simple library to display animated GIF images in WPF, usable in XAML or in code.
It's very easy to use: in XAML, instead of setting the
Source property, set the
AnimatedSource attached property to the image you want:
<Window x:Class="WpfAnimatedGif.Demo.MainWindow" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" xmlns:gif="http://wpfanimatedgif.codeplex.com" Title="MainWindow" Height="350" Width="525"> <Grid> <Image gif:ImageBehavior.AnimatedSource="Images/animated.gif" />
You can also specify the repeat behavior (the default is
0x, which means it will use the repeat count from the GIF metadata):
<Image gif:ImageBehavior.RepeatBehavior="3x" gif:ImageBehavior.AnimatedSource="Images/animated.gif" />
And of course you can also set the image in code:
var image = new BitmapImage(); image.BeginInit(); image.UriSource = new Uri(fileName); image.EndInit(); ImageBehavior.SetAnimatedSource(img, image);
See the wiki for more details on usage.
- Animates GIF images in a normal
Imagecontrol; no need to use a specific control
- Takes actual frame duration into account
- Repeat behavior can be specified; if unspecified, the repeat count from the GIF metadata is used
- Notification when the animation completes, in case you need to do something after the animation
- Animation preview in design mode (must be enabled explicitly)
- Support for controlling the animation manually (pause/resume/seek)
WpfAnimatedGif is a personal open-source project. It is, and will remain, completely free of charge. That being said, if you want to reward me for the time I spent working on it, I'll gladly accept donations.