Simulating racing from every generation of Formula 1 at Circuit de Monaco
Run on Binder
Tableau Viz of Full Grid Race Results
Shows a dot for each entry that is their finishing spot, with a vertical line to their qualifying position. I line above finishing position indicates they advanced int he race and a line going down indicates they fell back during the race.
Data is fun. F1 is fun. Monaco is... historic. Add it all together, and it's 80% fun!
Shout out to Spanners (of Missed Apex Podcast) for his love of Monaco, saying:
- "You want entertainment, do 30 cars! And ... do Monaco!" - Spanners Feb 6, 2022, Missed Apex Podcast
- "Have a massive grid!" - Spanners Feb 6, 2022, Missed Apex Podcast
- "Bigger grids are much better" - Spanners Feb 6, 2022, Missed Apex Podcast
And to everyone's favorite sim racer dad, Alex Vangeen
- "I'd love to see 30 cars going around Monaco" - Van Gene Feb 6, 2022, Missed Apex Podcast
Additional inspiration from:
- Stuart Taylor "Chain Bear" for helping me fall in love with F1
- AlexDoesF1Stuff for all the amazing F1 data presentation work
- Eric Matthes, author of Python Crash Course for making Python click