Use this module if your website needs to have tracked documents representing one or more files.
This module creates a document node type which can be used for uploading files to your website. Tokens are created that link to the uploaded files giving you access to the urls of the files. A Token tree is shown on node edit forms.
- The Token and Token Filter modules.
- Download and unzip this module into your modules directory.
- Goto Administer > Site Building > Modules and enable this module.
- Unless you already have a node type that is tracking documents, you may enable
node_files_document, which will provide the node type
- Configure your text formats to use the token filter.
There are two ways to configure the token info.
The first way will list out all of the documents in the token tree. This is good for sites with fewer than say 100 documents.
The other way will show the token pattern and should be used for sites which will have many documents. It requires a little more work on the part of the Content Managers as they will have to manually retain and insert the NID (of the document node) in the token when it's inserted.
When a document node contains more than one file the delta is appened to the token like this:
Note that the 1 refers to the first file on the field, and for us developers, it refers to the  index of the array. Also the following two tokens are equivalent:
- In the Loft Studios
- Aaron Klump - Developer
- PO Box 29294 Bellingham, WA 98228-1294
- aim: theloft101
- skype: intheloftstudios
- d.o: aklump