A Cosmos based Operating System developped in C# made by Alexy DA CRUZ (GeomTech) and Valentin Charbonnier (valentinbreiz).
- ATA IDE / AHCI Driver.
- FAT32/16/12 + Virtual FileSystem.
- PCI Device Scan.
- PS2 Keyboard.
- Restart + ACPI Shutdown.
- Multi languages/Multi users support.
- Basic command interpreter.
- Exception Handler.
- Console in VGA Textmode (80x25) / SVGAII Graphics mode / VBE Graphics mode + Extended ASCII support.
- Networking (PCNETII / RTL8168 Driver, ARP, IPV4, ICMP, TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP Client)
Aura's kernel: https://github.com/aura-systems/Cosmos.
Work in progress:
You want to add awesome features to Aura? Here's how:
Fork Aura-Operating-System repo
Commit & push a new feature to the forked repository
Open a pull request so we can merge your work in this repository :)
Download VMWare at this address. Install and run it.
Now click on "Create a new virtual machine", select the iso file downloaded on this page and click the "Next" button.
Now click on "Other" for "Guest operating system" and "Other" for version, click "Next" again, select "Store virtual disk as a single file" and select "Finish".
The Virtual File System won't work so go to "C:\Users\username\Documents\Virtual Machines\Other" and replace the "Other.vmdk" by this file.
Now you can select Aura (Other) and click on "Play Virtual Machine".
Compile Aura ?
First, clone our modified version of Cosmos and all of the required repositories, run the "install-VS2017.bat" file in the Cosmos folder and wait until the installation is done. Required repositories :
- Aura OS
- Latest version of VS 2017
- .NET Core SDK 2.1
- Inno Quick Start Pack (Free) – Install with defaults, keep Preprocessor option checked
- Visual Studio 2017 Workload: Visual Studio Extension Development
- .NET Framework 4.7.1 Developer Pack
Now clone this repository then inside the folder Aura OS, run Aura OS.sln and select "build" once Visual Studio 2017 has loaded.
If you have an error like "A project with an Output type of Class Library cannot be started directly", right click on "Aura_OSBoot" and select "Set as startup project", now click again on "build"!