Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Enabling open science articles
Table of Contents
- Example of an interactive and reproducible article on autotuning and machine learning
- Adapting to a Cambrian AI/SW/HW explosion with open co-design competitions and Collective Knowledge
- What is a Good PhD? By Lasse Natvig
- Addressing threats to reproducibility through research transparency
- Empirical Software Engineering using R
- Hidden Technical Debt in Machine Learning Systems
- New method to ensure reproducibility in computational experiments
- Why should I believe your supercomputing research?
- The hard road to reproducibility
- How to run a lab for reproducible research
- Taming the Complexity of Artifact Reproducibility
- What Should the Scientific Community of Tomorrow Look Like?
- Barbagroup reproducibility syllabus
- Déjàvu: A Map of Code Duplicates on Github
- A guide to sustainability models for research software projects
- 10 Ways to keep your successful scientific software alive
- Linux Foundation Launches Open Data Licensing Agreements
- The Bootstrap Blog
- Management Science
- A truly reproducible scientific paper?
- RCE Podcast Looks at Reproducibility of Scientific Results
- Posters presented at SIAM CSE17 PP108 Minisymposterium: Software Productivity and Sustainability for CSE and Data Science
- How I learned to stop worrying and love the coming archivability crisis in scientific software
- Software for reproducible science: let’s not have a misunderstanding
- Dynamic curation of artifacts and experiments is changing the way digital libraries will operate
- Report on the 1st IEEE Workshop on The Future of Research Curation and Research Reproducibility (2016.11)
- Joint CGO/PPoPP Artifact Evaluation Discussion Session slides
- Enabling open and reproducible computer systems research: the good, the bad and the ugly
- Bruce R. Childers et.al. "Active Curation of Artifacts and Experiments is Changing the Way Digital Libraries will Operate", WSSSPE4
- Simon Harper, "The Problem with Computer Science Research Prototypes"
- Grigori Fursin, et.al. Collective Knowledge: towards R&D sustainability, DATE 2016
- David H. Bailey, "Facilitating Reproducibility in Scientific Computing: Principles and Practice"
- G.Fursin and C.Dubach, "Community-driven reviewing and validation of publications", TRUST'14 @ PLDI'14
- Don Monroe, "When Data Is Not Enough", CACM
- David Rosenthal, "Emulation & Virtualization as Preservation Strategies", (PDF)
- Dirk Beyer et.al. "BenchExec: Reliable and Reproducible Measurement and Controlling of Computing Resources"
- Jure Triglav, "Thoughts on reproducibility of open scientific software"
- Amy E. Hodge, "SDR Deposit of the Week: Facilitating reproducibility"
- Ian P. Gent, "The Recomputation Manifesto"
- Konrad Hinsen, "ActivePapers: a platform for publishing and archiving computer-aided research"
- Daniel S. Katz, Arfon M. Smith, "Implementing Transitive Credit with JSON-LD"
- Ryan Chamberlain, Jennifer Schommer, "Using Docker to Support Reproducible Research"
- B. A. Nosek, "Promoting an open research culture"
- The Economist, "Let's just try that again"
- PL conference papers to get a journal - discussing ACM proposal to formally recognize conference publications as equal in quality as journal publications - controversial
- Our experience report with encountered problems in computer systems' research and new proposal for community-driven reviewing and validation of publications arXiv / ACM DL
- Collective Tuning Initiative: automating and accelerating development and optimization of computing systems
- Science's Reproducibility Problem, Bob Grant, The Scientist
- From Repeatability to Reproducibility and Corroboration, Dror G. Feitelson, SIGOPS Operating Syst. Rev. 49(1), pp. 3-11, Jan 2015
- Reviewing peer review, Jeannette M. Wing, ACM Blog
- How Should Peer Review Evolve?, Ed H. Chi, ACM Blog
- Twelve Ways to Fool the Masses When Giving Performance Results on Parallel Computers, David H. Bailey, Supercomputing Review, June 11, 1991
- [Ten], Scott Pakin, HPCWire, December 13, 2011
- Cambridge University news about open and reproducible research
- Interesting Replicable "Badge" for journal articles, Daniel S. Katz
- What's in a Name? The Concepts and Language of Replication and Reproducibility
- Are Cycle Accurate Simulations a Waste of Time?, Vincent M. Weaver and Sally A. McKee
- Research Wranglers: Initiatives to Improve Reproducibility of Study Findings (Environmental Health Perspectives)
- Reproducible Research in Computational Science: Problems and Solutions For Data and Code Sharing, Victoria Stodden, ICML workshop 2010
- Predatory publishing
- Three myths about scientific peer review
- The repeatability experiment of SIGMOD 2008, SIGMOD Record, vol. 37, no. 1 (March 2008), 39-45.
- "Begin with an Author's response to Reviews" - proposal to submit past reviews along with articles
- Presentation by Professor Carole Goble
- Dennis McCafferty, "Should Code be Released?"
- Elsevier:Can data be peer-reviewed?
- Collective mind: Towards practical and collaborative auto-tuning
- Collective Mind, Part II: Towards Performance- and Cost-Aware Software Engineering as a Natural Science
- Elsevier:The Executable Paper Grand Challenge
- Special section on Data replication & reproducibility, Science magazine, 2 December 2011
- Chris Drummond, "Replicability is not Reproducibility: Nor is it Good Science"
- Science is in a reproducibility crisis - how do we resolve it?
- W3C Dataset Descriptions: HCLS Community Profile
- My blog article on "Automatic performance tuning and reproducibility as a side effect" for the Software Sustainability Institute
- Trouble at the Lab, The Economist, 2013
- Joint Declaration of Data Citation Principles
- Puzzling Measurement of "Big G" Gravitational Constant Ignites Debate
- International vocabulary of metrology – Basic and general concepts and associated terms (VIM)
- White House takes notice of reproducibility in science, and wants your opinion
- Problems during performance benchmarking:
We also experienced many similar issues during our work on auto-tuning and machine learning:
- ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review - Special Issue on Repeatability and Sharing of Experimental Artifacts
- Vinton G. Cerf. "Bit Rot: Long-Term Preservation of Digital Information" [Point]
- About citations: less related though interesting
- IPOL Journal: Image Processing On Line
- ACM TRANSACTIONS ON MATHEMATICAL SOFTWARE (TOMS)
- ACM SIGMOD 2015
- UK EPSRC expectations on research data management
- University of Manchester, UK:
- Cornell University, USA: Best Practices
You are welcome to get in touch with the CK community if you have questions or comments!
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.