Daily Bruin's data journalism and newsroom tech blog.
- clone repository:
git clone https://github.com/dailybruin/the-stack.git
cdinto the newly created directory
- If you get dependency errors, try
gem installing them.
- If you still get dependency errors, look for a
Gemfile.lockfile in the top level of the local repo, delete it, and re-run
Alternatively, use a VM:
- Download VirtualBox
- Grab a copy of the latest version of Ubuntu Server.
- Install the Ubuntu Server ISO in a VirtualBox VM.
- Configure VirtualBox port forwarding from VM port 4000 to host port 4000.
- Follow the instructions for Mac installation above.
- Develop on your own feature branch. Only the data editor should commit to master.
- Follow the coding practices outlined in the docs and the conventions established in existing posts.
Pull requests which do not conform to the above will not be accepted. If you have any questions on how something should be done, please ask the data editor.
When you finish a project, write up a small report in docs/project-reports/year and link it here! Project reports should have basic information on the tools you used when creating your project, and any information that would help out someone who is trying to do something similar! Be sure to add a link to your branch in the report for our reference or for professional reference!
Find old project reports here! 2020