Kaltura Backend Core project
Kaltura is the world's first Open Source Online Video Platform, transforming the way people work, learn, and entertain using online video. The Kaltura platform empowers media applications with advanced video management, publishing, and monetization tools that increase their reach and monetization and simplify their video operations. Kaltura improves productivity and interaction among millions of employees by providing enterprises powerful online video tools for boosting internal knowledge sharing, training, and collaboration, and for more effective marketing. Kaltura offers next generation learning for millions of students and teachers by providing educational institutions disruptive online video solutions for improved teaching, learning, and increased engagement across campuses and beyond. For more information visit: http://corp.kaltura.com and http://www.kaltura.org.
Commercial Editions and Paid Support
The Open Source Kaltura Platform is provided under the AGPLv3 license and with no commercial support or liability.
Kaltura Inc. also provides commercial solutions and services including pro-active platform monitoring, applications, SLA, 24/7 support and professional services. If you're looking for a commercially supported video platform with integrations to commercial encoders, streaming servers, eCDN, DRM and more - Start a Free Trial of the Kaltura.com Hosted Platform or learn more about Kaltura' Commercial OnPrem Edition™. For existing RPM based users, Kaltura offers commercial upgrade options.
How you can help
Thank you for running Kaltura and pushing the limits of online video! By joining the Kaltura community and contributing you will help grow the platform, and keeping it open, stable and accessible to all.
You can contribute meaningfully to the project from day one:
- By contributing sanity tests that verify overall platform stability - Join the Kaltura CI Project.
- By testing the platform components, including various deployment settings and environments, and network settings, reporting issues and feature requests and pushing pull-requests that patch bugs.
- By creating documentation, demos and examples.
- By translating Kaltura and the documentation.
To make a contribution, follow the See our CONTRIBUTERS doc
Contact the authors or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have other ideas.
Documentation and Guides
- Frequently Asked Questions
- API Client libraries introduction
- API Client libraries download
- Single-server All-In-One RedHat based Linux distros Installation (including FC, RHEL and CentOS).
- Single-server All-In-One deb based Linux distros Installation (Debian, Ubuntu).
- Deploying Kaltura Clusters (RPM)
- Deploying Kaltura Clusters (deb)
- Deploying Kaltura using Opscode Chef (RPM)
- Setting up Kaltura platform monitoring
- Required Open Ports to run Kaltura
- Deploy Local Repository for Offline Install
License and Copyright Information
All code in this project is released under the AGPLv3 license unless a different license for a particular library is specified in the applicable library path.
Copyright © Kaltura Inc. All rights reserved.