Kured (KUbernetes REboot Daemon) is a Kubernetes daemonset that performs safe automatic node reboots when the need to do so is indicated by the package management system of the underlying OS.
- Watches for the presence of a reboot sentinel file e.g.
/var/run/reboot-requiredor the successful run of a sentinel command.
- Utilises a lock in the API server to ensure only one node reboots at a time
- Optionally defers reboots in the presence of active Prometheus alerts or selected pods
- Cordons & drains worker nodes before reboot, uncordoning them after
Find all our docs on https://kured.dev:
And there's much more!
If you have any questions about, feedback for or problems with
- Invite yourself to the CNCF Slack.
- Ask a question on the #kured slack channel.
- File an issue.
- Join us in our monthly meeting, every first Wednesday of the month at 16:00 UTC.
- You might want to join the kured-dev mailing list as well.
We follow the CNCF Code of Conduct.
Your feedback is always welcome!
Kured is a Cloud Native Computing Foundation Sandbox project.
The Linux Foundation® (TLF) has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of TLF trademarks, see Trademark Usage.