What is LForms?
LForms, a.k.a. LHC-Forms, is a feature-rich, open-source widget that creates input forms, based on definition files, for Web-based applications. In addition to its native form-definition format, it partially supports the HL7 FHIR Questionnaire standard (SDC profile), and work is in progress to expand that support.
It is being developed by the Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications (LHNCBC), National Library of Medicine (NLM), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), with the collaboration and support from the Regenstrief Institute, Inc. and the LOINC Committee.
For features and demos, please visit the project page.
Licensing and Copyright Notice
Customizing and Contributing
If you wish to revise this package, the following steps will allow you to make changes and test them:
- Install Node.js (version 10 is what we are currently using, but it should work with later versions)
- Clone the lforms repository and cd to its directory
- npm ci
- Make sure node_modules/.bin is in your path
- bower install
- npm run build
- npm run start # starts the app we use for testing
- npm run test # runs the tests
- Templates are in app/views; CSS in app/styles
If you are planning to contribute new functionality back to us, please coordinate with us, so that the new code is in the right places, and so that you don't accidentally add something that we are also working on.