Beetle PSX libretro
Beetle PSX is a port/fork of Mednafen's PSX module to the libretro API. It can be compiled in C++98 mode, excluding the Vulkan renderer, which is written in C++11 for the time being. Beetle PSX currently runs on Linux, OSX and Windows.
Notable additions in this fork are:
- PBP and CHD file format support, developed by Zapeth;
- Software renderer internal resolution upscaling, implemented by simias;
- An OpenGL 3.3 renderer, developed by simias;
- A Vulkan renderer, developed by TinyTiger;
- PGXP perspective correct texturing and subpixel precision, developed by iCatButler;
Beetle PSX can be built with
make. To build with hardware renderer support, run
make clean is required when switching between HW and non-HW builds.
The preferred coding style for Beetle PSX is the libretro coding style. See: https://docs.libretro.com/development/coding-standards/. Preexisting Mednafen code and various subdirectories may adhere to different styles; in those instances the preexisting style is preferred.