Welcome to the Beginner Guides for contributing to Magento! The basic flow for contribution is as follows:
- Fork the repository.
- Make your fix/feature.
- Create a pull request (PR).
This guide will help you get started with the basics.
Make sure you have a GitHub account.
Fork a repo: Magento 2 repository or other project repo.
Need some coding advice? Review coding guidelines in our DevDocs!
We also recommend adding Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) to protect your GitHub account.
- Create a new branch on your fork. Use a name that best describes the work, or references a GitHub issue number.
- Code, develop, and work your issue. Enter meaningful commit messages.
- Push your branch to your fork to save work.
- When ready, create a PR to contribute your code to Magento!
For your very first PR, you will be asked to sign the Magento Contributor Agreement.
What happens next?
- You can run Travis builds to test your PR.
- Maintainers and Magento Community Engineering will review your PR.
- Watch for messages from developers for feedback and requested changes.
We will complete all merges and labeling of your PR. When the PR merges, you receive points based on the work.