Clone this wiki locally
- Building OBS Studio
Please see the build instructions for:
- Download the official Windows version of OBS Studio from:
- Run the installer
- Install OBS Studio from the Microsoft Store
- Install OBS Studio from Steam
- Download the official ZIP version of OBS Studio from:
- Unzip the ZIP
- In the folder you unzipped, create a blank .txt file and name it
- Download the official macOS version of OBS Studio from:
- Mount the disk image (
.dmg) and drag
OBS.appto the Applications folder
xserver-xorg version 1.18.4 or newer is recommended to avoid potential performance issues with certain features in OBS, such as the fullscreen projector.
OpenGL 3.3 (or later) support is required to use OBS Studio on Linux. You can check what version of OpenGL is supported by your system by typing
glxinfo | grep "OpenGL"on Terminal.
For virtual camera support, you need the
v4l2loopbackkernel module installed. You can install it with the following command:
sudo apt install v4l2loopback-dkms
Red Hat/Fedora-based (requires RPM Fusion to be enabled):
sudo dnf install kmod-v4l2loopback
You will need to install the kernel headers package of your actual kernel beforehand or the module will not be completely installed.
sudo pacman -Sy v4l2loopback-dkms
OBS Studio will normally load the module while starting the virtual camera if the module was not already loaded.
The OBS Project maintains two official, supported Linux builds of OBS Studio: Flatpak and Ubuntu.
The Flatpak distribution is recommended for non-Ubuntu distributions.
- Install OBS Studio from Flathub
- Enable the multiverse repo in Ubuntu's software center
- Install OBS Studio on Ubuntu 18.04 or later using:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio sudo apt update sudo apt install obs-studio
Please note that any install directions/packages for Linux/FreeBSD distributions listed as unofficial means that they are community provided, and any support for those packages should be directed at the appropriate distro/package maintainers.
Read the Unofficial Linux builds guide for installation instructions on other Linux distributions, including:
- Arch Linux
Install OBS Studio:
pkg install obs-studio