R-Ladies Starter Kit for New Chapters
Overview of R-Ladies Global
Mission : R-Ladies is a worldwide organization whose mission is to promote gender diversity in the R community.
- Leadership: Leadership roles within R-Ladies chapters, particularly Organizer and Mentor roles, are to be held by women and gender minorities.
- Accessibility: Provision of FREE events based on a combination of volunteering and funding/sponsorship where available.
- No commercial agenda: Chapters are started by individuals, not by companies. Chapters can partner with companies for sponsorship in the form of venue space, food or other supplies. Chapters and events may not be ‘used’ by a corporation/as a commercial vehicle for private aims.
- Org Structure & Legal Entities: R-Ladies is registered as California-based non-profit corporation, run by the Global Leadership team.
- Web presence:
- Website: https://www.rladies.org
- E-mail: info [at] rladies [dot] org
- Twitter: @RLadiesGlobal and list of local chapter Twitter accounts
- Organizer Slack (for chapter organizers): http://r-ladies.slack.com
- Community Slack (for women and gender minorities): http://rladies-community-slack.herokuapp.com
- GitHub: http://github.com/rladies
- Global directory of female R practitioners / speakers: https://rladies.org/ladies/
The term "women and gender minorities" is inclusive of individuals who identify as female (trans and cis), trans-men, non-binary, genderqueer, genderfluid, agender, intersex, and all minority genders.
More information can be found in the wiki:
- Tech Infrastructure for Chapters (E-Mail, Meetup, Twitter, GitHub, Slack)
- Organising Events (Launch Event and Further Events)
- Code of Conduct - EN/ES
- Centralised Resources
- Contribute to R-Ladies repositories
- Retiring a chapter