Zero to Ruby
This is a full day intensive Ruby course that covers the basics through to an intermediate level with practical examples throughout. This course is for any programmers new to Ruby as well as experienced Ruby programmers to expanding their understanding :)
FREE! I hope this course will help to build community.
- Why you should care learning another programming language
- Installing and running Ruby
- Using and extending the interactive Ruby shell(irb)
- Using Ruby's documentation
- Ruby Core
- Classes and Modules
- Understanding Ruby's method lookup
- Duck Typing and Monkey Patching
- Basic metaprogramming & Domain Specific Language(DSL)
- Code Reading (optional)
- TDD/BDD (optional)
- Fly! Be free!
What do I need?
- Passion to learn.
- Be a person who opens to learn a new thing.
- A laptop to hack on exercises together.(optional)
- Questions and discussion are welcome.(No student/teacher style)
This is a ShowOff presentation (http://github.com/schacon/showoff)
If you want to see it, you need to install showoff and then run it in this directory:
$ gem install showoff $ git clone git://github.com/samnang/zero-to-ruby-course.git $ cd zero-to-ruby-course $ showoff serve
Then you should be able to go to http://localhost:9090 to view the presentation.