- 784 commits to master since this v2.4.3
- fix how timestamps are measured on layer 3 (broken since 2.4.1)
- drop DNET support (deprecated since 2.4.0)
- Scapy will now use
tcpdumpto compile the filters (
tcpdumpis still used to filter pcaps)
- major changes to the online doc: add an automatically generated API reference with visual representation of each layer, move to Sphinx 3.0.0, new layer-specific doc...
- *BSD fixes
- more doc to many functions
- New layers (homeplug sg, smb2, NSH, RPL, ERSPAN, BFD, ROCE...)
- TLS: TLS 1.3 support & many fixes
- 802.11 improvements / WPA3 detection
- Netflow 9 fixes
- Major refactor & changes of the Automotive layers
- HTTP changes
- DHCPv6 fixes according to revision of the RFC
- Bluetooth improvements (+BLE)
- minor fixes to Radius, PPP, GTP, IPsec, CDP, VTP, HTTP/2, ...
- 364 commits since v2.4.2
- better native support for FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD
- Windows: native RAW sockets support, load interfaces/routes using C calls, ...
- Solaris: fixed support
- latency improvements
sniff()can be used to test BPF fiters on pcap files
- more unit tests and Python3 compatibility
- asynchronous sniffing
- UTScapy vim syntax highlighting
- drop distutils for setuptools
- Console / IPython integration improvements
- HTTP (from the deprecated
scapy-httpmodule), TLS 1.3, ATA over Ethernet, OVD, IEC 60870-5-104, enip, ...
- NetflowV9, ISOTP, Zigbee, RTR, BLE, PPI, DNS, LLDP, ...
- Bluetooth/BTLE rework
- PPI / 802.11 improvements
- Gabriel Potter is officially part of the Scapy maintainers team
- PEP08 compliance (see #1277)
- Speed improvements (see #642)
- 253 merged pull requests since v2.4.0
- Python 3.7 support
- Enhanced Windows support
- unit testing is now 100% tox based
- Many automotive related layers added (ISO-TP...)
- MACsec, MQTT, MPLS, DNS, ARP, Dot15d4, Zigbee, Bluetooth4LE, RadioTap ...
- Enhanced monitor mode support
- addresses a v2.4.0 vulnerability