An svn extension that adds stashing to the repository.
- Copy the file "svnstash" to a directory in your path (ie. ~/bin), make it executable.
- It should just work (provided you have subversion installed and in your path).
- If you want access to some extra features,
svnstash dependencieswill tell you what you need to install.
- Stashes working directory to repository level so you'll never lose it.
- Tracks moved files (only using
svn mv) from when you create a stash to when you apply it.
I'm working on a way to handle these cases correctly, but for now, they don't work.
- If you
svn mva file in a working copy, then stash it, it will not be tracked correctly.
svn diffdoesn't handle this right.
- If you
svn mva file and then modify it, it will not be tracked correctly, either. Patch doesn't like patching files that don't exist.
If you move a file and then commit it, it will be tracked correctly.
svnstash help for details on the commands.
- apply - apply a stash
- dependencies - show all
svnstashdependencies and if they are met
- list - list all stashes
- pop - apply and delete a stash
- push - stash (save) all changes and revert working directory
- remove - delete a stash
- save - save a stash without reverting
- show - show the details of a stash (in other words, dump the diff)
Source the svnstash.bash file to get some autocompletion. It's pretty rough for now, but will be better later.