This Django app allows you to utilize Celery for automatically updating and deleting objects in a Haystack search index.
You also need to install your choice of one of the supported search engines for Haystack and one of the supported backends for Celery.
Use your favorite Python package manager to install the app from PyPI, e.g.:
pip install celery-haystack
- Alter all of your
SearchIndexsubclasses to inherit from
celery_haystack.indexes.CelerySearchIndex(as well as
haystack.indexes.Indexableif you use Haystack 2.X).
- Ensure your Celery instance is running.
- Moved configuration defaults handling to django-appconf.
- Fixed issue that occured when retrying a task.
- Fixed typo in exception message handling.
- Added support for Haystack 1.2.X.
- Properly stop indexing if instance couldn't be found.
- Forced Celery task config values to be of the correct type.
0.1.2 (2011-07-29) and 0.1.3 (2011-08-01)
- Removed stale print statement.
- Fixed packaging issue (added manifest template).
- Initial release.