tonal glyph tracker
IMPORTANT: This project is still in the planning and sandbox phase. Please see Projects and Issues for current progress.
tgtracker will be a digital audio workstation with a tracker-inspired interface. It will be written primarily in Rust. The nannou creative coding framework has colinear goals with tgtracker and reexports crates I plan to use anyway, so for now it's part of the family.
- Low latency
- Embeddable in game engines/music applications
- Portable/serializable data
- Use new technologies like Wayland, Vulkan, and webassembly
- Unique interface and document format
- MIDI and OSC support
- Backwards compatability w/ existing modules (XM, IT, etc.) but import to native format would be nice
I first entered the demoscene in 1996. I used various trackers to take apart existing modules and make my own. I have wanted since those years to make a tracker of my own. I am new to systems programming so I need all the help I can get for this project.