Why I am a Developer?
Whilst delving into various pursuits I have always had a keen interest in the web and building websites/apps. This finally pushed me into pursuing my interest further and undertaking an online course in front end development and then enrolling in the Founders & Coder's Academy. This has been life changing and since opened the door to a world I have fallen in love with. The opportunity to work through problems collaboratively to come up with a tangible final product I find extremely rewarding. Web development has a never ending spiral of continuous learning, the fast paced ever changing environment provides rich rewards and excitement.
|Markdown||Semantic Ui||ES Lint|
|React + Redux||Gulp|
Smartzer -Front-end Developer
- Part of a small tech team providing shoppable/interactive video for luxury retail brands.
- Building a client-side editor to enable users to create their own shoppable video, using React + Redux with a material U.I. theme.
WCRS -Interactive Developer
- Part of a large, multi-national team of producers, validators and quality assurance experts that collaboratively ensure the highest standards of consistency and integrity for the client's global digital presence.
- Optimising images using photoshop, getting familiar with a large codebase, writing high quality maintainable code and ensuring responsive design.
- Working in a multidisciplinary team paying great attention to detail and meeting deadlines comfortably.
- As a team of two full stack develpoers helped turn an entrepreneur's idea into a functioning MVP.
- Responsible for collabroativley assisting in the design, building, testing and execution from start to finish.
- Built a platform for Brands to link with Student societies looking for sponsorship.
- Responsive Website advertising holiday rentals in Barbados. Using Bootstrap framework.
Founders and Coders (Septemeber 2015 - January 2016)
- Full-time 16-week intensive coding academy with subsequent freelance work.
- Emphasis on team-based learning, cooperative progression and paired programming.
- Test Driven Development heavily prioritised, whilst learning coding best practices and agile methodologies.
Thinkful (March 2015 - June 2015)
- Part-time online Front-end development course.
- Once a week tuition with online mentor, assisting in development of 10 various different projects.
- Estate Agent, (July 2011 -March 2015): Winkworth Willesden Green Jorgensen Turner Queens Park, Easy Property.
- ESL Teacher, (July 2006 - April 2011): South Korea, taught from Elementary school to business English.
Economics Bsc, University of Glasgow
- Travel, CELTA, Football, Kitesurfing, Taekwondo, Running, Korean, Diving, Pod casts.