Starting from the version 3.3.0, Teams are available in CryptPad. They allow users to share content between themselves in a more advanced way than just sharing pads or folders and are dedicated to group of users who work a lot together.
- Each team owns an entire CryptDrive
- Members can create pads, folders, shared folders and they can upload files to the drive
- Team have their own storage limit (50 MB by default)
Owned content (pads, folders, files) created from the team drive is owned by the team.
- This means it will only count in the team storage limit, and any team member with edit rights can delete the document permanently from the server.
- Members can share pads from their CryptDrive with the team and they can copy pads from the team to their own CryptDrive
- Each team contains a chat available to all its members
- The members list (roster) of a team contains different access level:
- Members: can add, delete and edit pads from the team
- Admins: can also invite their CryptPad friends to the team, kick members and promote members as "Admin"
- Owners: can also promote admins as "Owner", change the team name or avatar and delete the team
- You can create a team by visiting the new "Teams" application in CryptPad
- Administrators and owners can invite their CryptPad friends to the team
- Invited users will receive a notification. Clicking this notification will allow them to accept or decline the invitation
- Owners can't leave the team directly, they need to demote themselves first
- Owners can only demote themselves if there is another owner
- Owners can use the team administration panel to change its name, avatar or to delete the team
Team storage limit
- By default, a team can only store up to 50 MB of data.
- Premium users subscribed to a standard or a team plan can use their "extra subscriptions" to increase the storage limit of a team to 5 GB
- To increase the quota of a team, you need to get the team public key from the team administration panel (ask an owner of the team) and use it in the "My subscriptions" page on accounts.cryptpad.fr
- To limit abuse about storage limit, a few restrictions exist about Teams:
- Only registered users can create or join a team
- You can only join 3 teams maximum
- You can't create a team if you're already Owner of another one
- These restrictions may change in the future
- Administrators can increase the storage limit for teams:
- Changing the
defaultStorageLimitvalue in config.js will now change the limit for user accounts and teams at the same time
customLimitskey in config.js can be used to increase the storage limit of a team using its public key
- Changing the