Python-based assets for importing and exporting SVG files in Houdini
Both HDAs use the svg.path library - https://pypi.python.org/pypi/svg.path To ensure Houdini has access to this library:
- Install Python2.7
- Install pip, the python package manager (it may be automatically installed with python) - https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py
- Run 'pip install svg.path' which will install svg.path into Python27\Lib\site-packages
- Run 'pip install svg.path --target [path/to/houdini/home/python2.7libs] ' which will install svg.path into the Houdini custom python library directory (e.g C:/Users/User/Documents/houdini16.0/python2.7libs )
- Create an empty __init__.py file inside the svg/ directory of the svg/path installation
In your houdini.env file, append the site-packages directory to the python search path, e.g
PYTHONPATH = &;C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages
- Setting PYTHONPATH in the houdini.env file apparently breaks some python modules that come with Houdini.
A digital asset which can load SVG files into SOPs. Features:
- Supports Line, Polyline, Polygon, Circle, Rect and Path elements (Cubic bezier paths - open or closed)
- Supports Compound shapes
- Loads Fill, Stroke, Stroke-Weight and Opacity data and stores these as Primitive attributes
- Options for outlining strokes, hole-ing compound shapes and converting bezier curves to polygons
- Does not support clipping paths (Produces Error)
- Does not support group tags
A digital asset which can save the contents of a Houdini scene to SVG format
- Work-in-progress - usable but not guaranteed stable.
- Supports Polygons, Polylines and Bezier Curves
- 2 digital assets: SVG_Export and SVG_ProcessAndExport. The latter performs geometry cleanup, camera projection and culling before as well as exports.