Open Product Management
A curated list of product management advice from frameworks, interviews, experts, resources, books, products, career preps, and much more. The list is divided into cores such as product management, resources, interviews, case Studies, sample products/projects, communities, open source projects, free and paid services. There is no pre-established order of items in each category, the order is for contribution. If you want to contribute, please read the guide. Feel free to add products or links to help other product managers.
This list was created for all product managers whether beginner or advanced to learn from the best people and communities. If you are a technical person looking to get into the role of a Product Manager, this advice below will help you along your path. This guide is by all means not the end all to your learning as the best learning is achieved through practice.
Notable contributions to the list are featured in section, Special Thanks
How to Use
Open-Product-Management is an amazing list for people who need a refresher in Product Management, so the best ways to use are:
- Ask for help on Twitter
- Simply press command + F to search for a keyword.
- Go through our - Content Menu
- Core 1: Product Management
- What is Product Management
- Is it really for you?
- Becoming a Product Guru
- Building Great Products
- Get out of the building
- All about those Requirements
- Roadmaps, Planning, and prioritization
- How to work with X
- User Experience
- Give and Receive Feedback
- Shipping and Measuring Products
- Organizing your Team
- Become the Best in the Field
- Minimum Viable Product Manager (MVPM)
- Core 2: Resources
- Core 3: Real Life Product Management
- Core 4: Get the Job
- Top Product Managers
- Special Thanks
- Contributing to the list
Core 1: Product Management
What Is Product Management?
- What is product management? - Bogdan Sturza
- A Product Manager’s Job - Josh Elman
- Product Managers: Who are these ‘mini-CEOs’ and what do they do? - Ken Yeung
- What exactly is a Product Manager? - Martin Eriksonn
- What is Product Management? - Sachin Rekhi
- PM at Microsoft - Steven Sinofsky
- Product Manager You Are… - Mat Balez
- What Product Management is Not - Marty Cagan
- (invalid link) Does the world need Product Managers any more (http://branch.com/b/does-the-world-need-product-managers-any-more) - Multiple authors
- Product Management vs. Product Marketing - Marty Cagan
- Evolution of the Product Manager - Ellen Chisa
- Use your Product Powers for Good - Bruce McCarthy
- Product Management: An introduction for undergraduates and graduates - Thor Mitchell (Student presentation)
- What It Takes to Become a Great Product Manager - Julia Austin
- A Day in the Life of a Product Manager: Consumer and Enterprise - Kevin Wei
Is It Really For You?
- How to hire a Product Manager? - Kenneth Norton
- The DNA of Product Management - Hunter Walk
- The Dark Side of PM - Ellen Chisa
- Do I need to be technical to be a PM - Ellen Chisa
- Ode to a Non Technical Product Manager - Hunter Walk
- 3 Skillsets for PM Success - Kenton Kivetsu
Becoming A Product Guru
- How do I become a Product Manager? - Multiple authors
- How I became a PM - Ellen Chisa
- Do Product Managers really need a background in CS - Jackie Bavaro
- Want to be a PM? Do a Project - Ellen Chisa
- So You Want to Manage a Product - Rohini Viba
- The 4 ways to break into Product Management - Jackie Bavaro
- 12 things Product Managers should do in their first 30 Days at a new company - Kenneth Norton
- Evolution of the Product Manager - Ellen Chisa
- 4 mistakes new Product Managers make - Matt Schnitt
- Product Manager Skills By Seniority Level — A Deep Breakdown - Brent Tworetzky
Building Great Products
- How to build great products - Slava Akhmechet
- Make things as simple as possible but not simpler - Adam Nash
- 10 essential steps to create products that customer love - Laurence McCahill
- The power of the perfect slice - Alastair Lee
- Ten principles on the journey to building great products - Avid Larizadeh
- Quality is not a tradeoff - Julie Zhuo
- How to build products users love - Kevin Hale
Get Out Of The Building
- How to Listen to Customers - Kenneth Norton
- How do Customer Development and Product Management fit together - Cindy Alvarez
- How to structure and get the most out of customer development interviews - Jason Evanish
- The customer is always right. Except when they aren’t - Wade Foster
- Your MVP is about discovery not product - Kevin Dewalt
All About Those Requirements
- Painless functional specifications - Joel Spolsky
- Requirements are not - Marty Cagan
- Feed the beast - Marty Cagan
- The end of requirements - Marty Cagan
Roadmaps, Planning, and Prioritization
- The seven deadly sins of product planning - Marty Cagan
- Product strategy means saying no - Des Traynor
- Product priorities start with strategic goals - Bruce McCarthy
- The inconvenient truth about product - Marty
- The opportunity backlog - Marty Cagan
- The dirty dozen roadmap roadblocks - Bruce McCarthy
- The pyramid model & what it means for PM focus - Kenton Kivetsu
- How am I going to move my product forward today - Sachin Rekhi
- (invalid link) Don’t publish a product roadmap (http://dataerous.com/post/51810660125/dont-publish-a-product-roadmap) - Colin Rand
- Software Inventory - Joel Spolsky
- Babe Ruth and feature lists - Kenneth Norton
- What are the best ways to prioritize a list of product features - Ian McAllister
- Before you plan your product roadmap - Des Traynor
- Rodmaps focus on vision benefits, not features - Bruce McCarthy
- The one cost engineers and Product Managers don’t consider - Kris Gale
- Guide to Product Planning: Three Feature Buckets - Adam Nash
- (invalid link) Product hierarchy of needs (http://www.salesforceiq.com/blog/product-hierarchy-needs) - Tim Fletcher
- Magical thinking and the zero-sum roadmap - Rich Mironov
- You don’t need a product roadmap - David Heinemeier Hansson
- Drop feature-based product roadmaps - Teresa Torres
- How to build a roadmap everyone understands - Andrea Saez
- Making a Product Map - Mark Stephan
- The Product Manager's Visual Guide to Feature Selection - Adam Juda
How To Work With X
- The care and feeding of software engineers - Nicholas C. Zakas
- The ten project management commandments - Slava Akhmechet
- How to work with PMs - Julie Zhuo
- How to work with engineers - Julie Zhuo
- How to work with software engineers - Kenneth Norton
- The Iceberg Secret, revealed - Joel Spolsky
- Leading cross-functional teams - Kenneth Norton
- Engineers: So your PM sucks? Here’s how to fix it. - Ellen Chisa
- Nerds, get the Product Management you deserve - Jeff Enderwick
- The product manager’s lament - Eric Ries
- Top 5 Ways Product Managers can help Developer’s Love them - Mark Stephan
- How to work with designers - Julie Zhuo
Give and Receive Feedback
- You won’t regret positive feedback - Zack Holman
- Thirty percent feedback - Jason Freedman
- How to run a design critique - Scott Berkun
Shipping and Measuring Products
- Shipping is a feature - Steven Sinofsky
- Great product leaders win games - Adam Nash
- How to deliver more software projects on time - Mark Suster
- Always be defining success - Jackie Bavaro
- The only metric that matters - Josh Elman
- The blind Product Manager - Paul Adams
- Shipping beats perfection explained - Ben Kamens
- Measure twice, cut once - Rick Klau
- The lost art of the soft launch - Wade Foster
- What are the most important metrics for developing and managing a mobile product? - Drew Dillon
- Google’s HEART Framework for Measuring UX - Kenny Lee
Organizing Your Team
- Enter the Matrix - Organizing Product Management - Mark Tattersall
- Product organizational structure - Marty Cagan
- Good product team, bad product team - Marty Cagan
- The best Product Management model - Marty Cagan
- Maker's Schedule, Manager's Schedule - Paul Graham
- Take back your day: Time Management for PMs - Jackie Bavaro
Become The Best In The Field
- Top hacks from a PM behind two of tech’s hottest products - Todd Jackson
- Stakeholder Management - Marty Cagan
- Court scribe or Hand of the King - Bruce McCarthy
- Influence without authority - Sachin Rekhi
- Management clichés that work - Steven Sinofsky
- How to be persuasive - Jackie Bavaro
- Bad Managers Talk, Good Managers Write - Walter Chen
- Good Product Manager, Bad Product Manager - Ben Horowitz
- Be a great product leader - Adam Nash
- Top 10 product leadership lessons - Adam Nash
- What distinguishes the top 1% of Product Managers from the top 10%? - Ian McAllister
- What makes someone a great Product Manager at Google? - Edward Ho
- What innate traits do great internet product leaders share? - Chris Wetherell
- Musings on Product Management - Mike Sukmanowsky
- Hiring a great product leader - Sutha Kamal
- What makes a great Product Manager? - Erik Torenberg
- How a football coach taught me to product manage like a boss - Mike Su
Minimum Viable Product Manager (MVPM)
- MVPM: Minimum Viable Product Manager - Brandon Chu
Core 2: Resources
- Product Management Toolkit - Curated directory of tools and resources for Product Managers by Product Managers
- Software Product Management Stack - A curated list of Product Manager articles and resources
- End-End Product Management Lifecycle - A list of articles from what is it to becoming a great Product Manager
- (invalid link) The One-Stop Product Management Guide (http://www.digitalfriday.co/productmanagementguide/) - A framework and list of articles to help product managers build, grow and manage digital products
- Harvard Business School PM 101 - Online resource repository from Harvard Business School PM 101 course (old site)
- Harvard Business School PM 101/102 - Online resource repository from Harvard Business School Product Management 101 & 102 (PM 101/102).
- Product Management Processes - A knowledge base of product management processes, tools and templates.
- Kindling - Idea management tool
- (invalid link) Designer News Market(https://www.designernews.co/stories/74282-designer-news-market-is-coming-to-a-close) - The best design resources for your next project
- Designer Mill - Collection of free design resources
- Muz.li - Designers' Secret Source
- Design Research Technique - Huge repository of design techniques for every project stage
- Design for the Web - Guide to web design by Mark Boulton.
- Visage 3.0 - The design tool for content marketers. Template System for Brand Design
- Figma - The collaborative interface design tool. Design, prototype, and gather feedback all in one place
- Form - Interaction & prototyping design tool for iOS apps.
- Facebook Design Resources - A collection of free resources made by designers at Facebook
- Coverr - Beautiful, free videos for your homepage background.
- Better Error Pages - Build free 404, 503 and maintenance pages in 60 seconds
- Adobe XD - An end-to-end free solution for designing & prototyping
- UI Movement - The best UI design inspiration, daily
- IconStore - Free icon packs by first-class designers
- Craft - Collaborative Place for Product Managers - Agile Product & Project Management Software
- Design+code - Learn design with courses
- Teaching App Development with Swift - A Github-hosted curriculum on Swift for teachers by Apple (These materials are out of date and are no longer maintained.)
- Android Studio - The official IDE for Android application development
- Xcode 7.0 - iOS Development - Swift 2 and SDKs for iOS 9, watchOS 2, and OS X 10.11
- Web Starter Kit by Google - Boilerplate & Tooling for Multi-Device Development (Web Starter Kit is no longer supported.)
- Beginning iOS Programming - Books and courses, learn to build an iOS app from scratch.
- Haskell for Mac - Functional programming without the hassle.
- Code4Startup 2.0 - Learn to code by cloning real-life startups (PRO version)
- One Month Rails - The easiest way ever developed to Learn to Code in just one month
- Teach Yourself To Code - Learn to code with tutorials recommended by programmers
- Codecademy App - Learn to code on your iPhone anywhere.
- Designers How - learn the latest design techniques in tools like Sketch, Framer, Swift, and more
- Codecademy's Learn the Command Line - Learn how to control your computer with the command line!
- (invalid link) Your First Web App(https://yourfirst.io/) - Pulling your hair out trying to learn how to code?
- The Step-By-Step PM Guide to Building Machine Learning Based Products - 6 step guide to get started in achieving business goals with machine learning.
- AnimationEngine - Easily build advanced custom animations on iOS.
Mockups and Marketing
- moqups - A streamlined web app that helps you create and collaborate on wireframes, mockups, diagrams and prototypes.
- Typeform - Generate surveys in seconds.
- Balsamiq - Rapid wireframing tool.
- Tweetdeck - Power-user interface for Twitter.
- Flinto for Mac - The prototyping tool designers have been waiting for.
- EdisonPlan - The ultimate tool to plan & launch your product.
- Precursor - A real-time collaborative prototyping tool
- LaunchKit - A set of web-based tools for mobile app developers, now open source!
- StartupResources.io - Tightly curated lists of the best startup tools
- Airtable - Spreadsheet, meet database.
- Trello - Trello makes it easy to organize anything with anyone
- Google Drive, Docs, sheets etc. - Create and share your work online and collaborate on literally any type of content
- Slack - Team communication for the 21st century
- Ramen - Ask your users questions while they’re on your website. The best way for SaaS product teams to learn from customers
- Evernote - Note taking made easy
- Keynote - Make awesome presentations quickly
- Quip - The productivity suite for the mobile generation
- (invalid link) Do (http://do.com/) - Run Productive Meetings.
- Box Notes - Create documents, take notes and share ideas in real-time.
- Realtime Board - Web-based whiteboarding & team collaboration tool
- Smartsheet - Microsoft Project alternative, best used for scheduling and resource management
- Zenkit - Better Trello, with Mindmaps
- Matomo - Number 1 all-in-one free web analytics platform (Piwik is now matomo)
- KISSmetrics - Understand what people are doing on your website and products, and deliver behavior-based engagement every step of the way.
- (invalid link) Analytics for Optimizely (http://www.optimizeapp.co/) - Your Optimizely A/B tests on your iPhone.
- Google Analytics by SumoMe - The easiest way to see your Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics 360 Suite - Enterprise analytics for your marketing.
- People Analytics - One place to understand your users.
- Usage Analytics in appFigures - Track usage for your app along side downloads, ranks & more.
- Baremetrics for Slack - Subscription analytics, insights & notifications in Slack.
- Beam - Tell your stories with beautiful charts.
- Fabric mobile app by Twitter - Real-time analytics and stability alerts for your app.
- Stream - Analytics for feeds.
- Mobile Dashboards by Mixpanel - Monitor your key metrics, everywhere you go on your iOS device
- The golden rule of A/B testing: look beyond validation - Run successful, statistically accurate A/B tests.
- Heap Analytics - Heap lets you automatically capture every user interaction from web, mobile, and cloud services.
- Snowplow Analytics - Open source web, mobile and event analytics platform.
- Inspired - How to Create Products Customers Love - Marty Cagan
- The Design of Everyday Things - Donald Norman
- Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability, 2nd Edition - Steve Krug
- About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design, 4th Edition - Alan Cooper, Robert Reimann, David Cronin, Christopher Noessel
- The Elements of User Experience: User-Centered Design for the Web and Beyond, 2nd Edition - Jesse James Garrett
- Designing Products People Love - How great designers create successful products.
- Badass: Making Users Awesome - Kathy Sierra
- The 4 steps to the Epiphany - Steve Blank
- Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers - A handbook for designing tomorrow’s enterprises
- Beginning Customer Development - Kevin Dewalt
- The Innovator’s Dilemma - Clayton Christensen
- The Innovator's Solution: Creating and Sustaining Successful Growth - Clayton Christensen
- The Innovator's DNA: Mastering the Five Skills of Disruptive Innovators - Clayton Christensen
- It’s Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy - Michael Abrashoff
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things - Ben Horowitz
- Traction - Gabriel Weinberg
- The Lean Product Playbook - Dan Olsen
- Hooked: How to build habit forming products - Nir Eyal
- Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers - Geoffrey A. Moore
- Getting Real - The smarter, faster, easier way to build a successful web application
- Joel on Software - Joel Spolsky
- Team Geek - Brian Fitzpatrick
- The Mythical Man-Month - Frederick Brooks
- The Timeless Way of Building - Christopher Alexander
- Algorithms of the Intelligent Web - Haralambos Marmanis and Dmitry Babenko
- Cracking the PM Interview - Jackie Bavaro
- The Art of Product Management: Lessons from a Silicon Valley Innovator - Rich Mironov
- Making It Right: Product Management For A Startup World - Rian Van Der Merwe
- Product Leadership: How Top Product Managers Launch Awesome Products and Build Successful Teams - Richard Banfield, Martin Eriksson, and Nate Walkingshaw
- Lovability: How to Build a Business That People Love and Be Happy Doing It - Brian de Haaff
- The Go Programming Language - The authoritative resource for learning Go
- How To Measure Anything - Douglas W. Hubbard
- Creativity, Inc. - Ed Catmull
- Where Wizards Stay Up Late - Katie Hafner
- The Martian - Andy Weir
- What Every BODY Is Saying - Joe Navarro
- The Death and Life of Great American Cities - Jane Jacobs
- Predictably Irrational - Dan Ariely
- Freakonomics - Steven Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
- Getting Past NO - William Ury
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen R. Covey
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard - Chip and Dan Heath
- The Score Takes Care of Itself - Bill Walsh, Steve Jamison & Craig Walsh
- Thinking, Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman
- Managing Humans - Former Manager at Apple
- The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon - Brad Stone
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference - Malcolm Gladwell
- Pivot Product Hits - A weekly email newsletter of the best Product Management content
- Weekly Thoughts of Tim Herbig - A weekly digest of personal advice for product people and interesting articles around product, ux and entrepreneurship
- Austin Voice of Product - Product newsletter making the Austin product community stronger
- Design Details Podcast - A show about the people who design our favorite products.
- AngelList Radio - Kirill Makharinsky - What factors can predict a company's future success
- Exponent - Get Off My Lawn! - How Snapchat has built it’s product effectively
- HOW TO MAKE SURE YOU ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS - 6 practical ways we can make sure you achieve your goals
- What I Know Best - Catherine Pao - Growth Product Manager At Blue Apron - Product & growth lessons from DigitalOcean, Fab & BlueApron
- FemgineerTV: Episode 2 - How to Make Smart Tradeoffs When Developing Software Products - Interview with former Director of Engineering at Facebook
- The James Altucher Show #160: Ashlee Vance - Elon Musk and the quest to save mankind
- Product Hunt Maker Stories - Matt Mazzeo - Future of VC, breaking into tech/VC, & more
- Growth Everywhere - The Strategy That Skyrocketed Hotjar to $1 Million ARR in 6 Months - How David Darmanin Grew Hotjar To $1 Million ARR in 6 months
- Yours Productly - Shardul Mehta, VP Products at Diamond Mind - Shardul Mehta on Product Canvas, Why Products Fail, His Upcoming Book and a Lot More
- Products That Count - By Sophie-Charlotte Moatti - A podcast for product makers, data-minded thinkers and innovators.
- This is Product Management - By AlphaUX - The podcast for product teams.
- Agile Uprising Podcast - They cover all topics associated with Agile. From the Manifesto, to the frameworks, to the values and principles.
- mindtheproduct.com Podcasts - Podcasts by mindtheproduct.com
- Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman - How do companies grow from zero to a gazillion? Legendary Silicon Valley investor / entrepreneur Reid Hoffman tests his theories with famous founders.
- Design Workflow with Sketch - An e-course from Clark Wimberly at InVision.
- Designlab - Learn design by doing, with hands-on projects & mentorship.
- You're Hired: How to Get a Job in Silicon Valley - Learn how to get a job in Silicon Valley
- The Non-Technical Person's guide to building products & apps - Go from Idea to MVP with no CTO and no coding. Launch your business, app, or product idea cheaply, quickly, and easily.
- Product Management Coursea - Become an effective Software Product Manager by mastering Agile software development practices to confidently interact with clients and manage a development team.
- Product Management Course Brainstation - Toronto - TRANSFORM YOUR IDEA INTO A PRODUCT.
- Product School - USA - Get a Product Manager Job
- Product Management - General Assembly - 10-WEEK PART-TIME COURSE
- How to build a product roadmap everyone understands - Free e-Course - How to build a roadmap
- Building a Pre-Launch Marketing Strategy for Beginners - Build your own Pre-launch Marketing Strategy for your company rollout or feature
- Idea To Revenue Masterclass - Become a Strategic Product Leader: Validate Ideas, Launch Great Products, Deliver Business Results.
- Coursera - Software Product Management - Create Better Software using Agile Practices. Master Agile development and effective interactions to drive the making of great software products (Capstone Project)
- Pragmatic Marketing Courses - Product Management and Marketing Training
- Product Management - Cursos PM3 (Portuguese Only) - This was the first course 100% online in Portuguese about Product Management. It was made by product professionals and the course covers from the basics until the most advanced topics with +40 hours of content.
- Product Discovery - Cursos PM3 (Portuguese Only) - This course teaches how to discover valuable solutions for the users. The most current Product Discovery techniques, applied in practice, by the renowned Design and Product professionals from the Brazilian market.
- Product Growth - Cursos PM3 (Portuguese Only) - This course teaches how to lead company's growth. The most current Product Growth techniques, applied in practice, by the best Marketing, Growth and Product professionals in the Brazilian market.
- Product Management Weekly Tips - Free Product Management Weekly Tip Videos From Linkedin Learning
- AI Product Manager - Learn to develop AI products that deliver business value. Build skills that help you compete in the new AI-powered world.
- Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals - This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods.
- The Cranky Product Manager - A blog on product management, product marketing, and the ugly side of software product development. As of April 2015, the author, Sue Raisty, no longer writes, but she has a large backlog of great posts.
- Street Smart Product Manager - Thriving in the urban jungle of product.
- Product Talk - Make better product decisions.
- Silicon Valley Product Group - Shares lessons learned and knowledge of product management.
- The Clever PM - Tips, tricks, and hacks that help you to be a better, more clever, Product Manager.
- Mind the Product - Product Management Blog and events.
- Good Product Manager - How To Be A Good Product Manager
- 15 Things You Should Know About Product Managers - John Cutler
- The Black Box of Product Management - Shining light on the PM discipline
Core 3: Real Life Product Management
- Janna Bastow on "How to Get into Product Management" - A conversation between Janna Bastow, founder of ProdPad and previously a product manager / consultant
- Eva Andreasson on "How to Get into Product Management" - A conversation between Eva Andreasson, Senior Product Manager at Cloudera, and Jason Shah, Product Manager at Yammer
- Teresa Torres on "How to Get into Product Management" - A conversation between Teresa Torres, Vice President, Products at AfterCollege and a product consultant
- Wil Keenan on "How to Get Into Product Management" - A conversation between Wil Keenan, Senior Product Manager at Change.org and Jason Shah
- Chris Lee on "How to Get into Product Management" - A conversation between Chris Lee, Product Manager at Dropbox, and Jason Shah
- Raj Ramachandran on "How to Get into Product Management" - A conversation between Raj Ramachandran, Director of Product at Kidaptive and former Product Manager at Zynga
- Pascal Carole on "How to Get into Product Management" - A conversation between Pascal Carole, Product Manager at Microsoft / Yammer and former engineer at Microsoft, and Jason Shah
- Jackie Bavaro on "How to Get into Product Management" - A conversation between Jackie Bavaro, Product Manager at Asana, and Jason Shah
- Jason Evanish on "How to Get into Product Management" - A conversation between Jason Evanish, Product Manager at KISSMetrics, and Jason Shah
- Ryan Hoover on "How to Get Into Product Management" - A conversation between Ryan Hoover, Director of Product, PlayHaven and Jason Shah
- Marty Cagan and others on why they love the role, what they look for when hiring graduates, and the advice they offer prospective Product Managers
Product Case Studies
- Building an Enterprise Product: Yammer's Development Methodology - Jason Shah, product manager at Yammer, shares aspects of Yammer's product development methodology.
- Product Hunt’s Rise - Case Study - Product Hunt’s Rise
- Facebook Case Study - Facebook Analysis and Study
- Twitter Case Study - The Twitter Case Study from the Dimensions of Strategy Series
- Early Google Case Study - Google Case Study
- Amazon Case Study - Amazon Case Study
- Apple iPod Case Study - Apple Case Study
- Netflix Case Study - Netflix Case Study
- Box Case Study - Box Case Study
Sample Product Documentation
- How I would grow Thumbtack’s Customer Side of the Marketplace — Product Spec - Sample Product Spec about Thumbtack
- Global Lynda - Sample Product Requirements Document
- Global Lynda - Sample Company Context and User Personas
- Global Lynda - Sample Metrics Case Study
- Global Lynda - Sample Language Rollout Phases
- Global Lynda - Sample Go-to-Market Plan
- Product Hunt - Sample Early Product Spec from Ryan Hoover, Product Hunt
- Yahoo! Let’s put some Bots in that beautiful Messenger App - Product Spec Sample Product Spec about Yahoo
- A Usability Test, with Recommendations for Improvement of Skyscanner’s Mobile Flight Search & Booking App - Sample product break-down with usability testing by Mark Stephan
- Yahoo! Let’s put some Bots in that beautiful Messenger App - Product Spec - Sample Product Spec about Yahoo
- Usability Test on Product Hunt for iPhone - Sample Usability Test on Product Hunt
- A Usability Test for Yelp’s iOS Application - Sample Usability Test for Yelp
- A Usability Test, with Recommendations for Improvement of Skyscanner’s Mobile Flight Search & Booking App: Part I - Sample Usability Test on Skyscanner
- LinkedIn Groups Product Spec - Designing LinkedIn’s Next Killer Feature to awake the other 300M users
Communities to Join
- Product Led Institute - Product-Led Growth is a go-to-market strategy that relies on using your product as the main vehicle to acquire, activate, and retain customers
- Mind the Product - Mind the Product Community Website and Blog
- Product School - Product School Company Website
- Designer Chat - The Designer News community in a private Slack chat
- Product Manager HQ - Product Manager HQ - Slack group
- Product Camp - Product Camp Community Website and Blog
- Product Tank - Product Tank NY Meetups
- Product Austin - The largest Product Meet-up in Austin, TX
- The Product Group - The Product Group New York
- Lean Product & Lean UX Silicon Valley - People interested in applying Lean Startup, Lean UX, and Agile principles to design and develop products that customers love
- Product Management Fast Track - Product Management in San Francisco
- SUPA Product Talks SFBay - SUPA Product Academy in San Francisco
- Silicon Valley Strategy, Innovation and Product Management - Product Management in Cupertino, CA
- Startup Metrics Toronto, Canada - A group for entrepreneurs and product managers to discuss the metrics that matter to their startups.
- Product School - San Francisco Meetup - Product School Meetup
- Product School - Silicon Valley Meetup - Product School Meetup
- Product School - New York Meetup - Product School Meetup
- Product School - Los Angeles Meetup - Product School Meetup
- Product School - Boston Meetup - Product School Meetup
- The Product Group London - The Product Group London
- Product Management Singapore Facebook - Product Management SG Community
- Product Camp - Singapore Meetup - Product Camp Meetup
- Product Hunt - Singapore Meetup - Product Hunt Meetup
- Product Talks - Singapore Meetup - Product Talks Meetup
- Product Tank - Singapore Meetup - Product Tank Meetup
- Produto.io - São Paulo - Produto.io Meetup in São Paulo
- Product School - Belo Horizonte - Product School Meetup
- Mind the Product Conference - The Conference for Passionate Product People
- Industry - Product Conference - For people who build, launch and scale world-class product.
- Lean Startup Week - Lean Startup Week is a seven-day immersion into Lean Startup methodology led by star practitioners in big companies and hot startups from around the world.
- Product Camp Brazil - The event is now the largest on Product Management in Latin America, where Brazilian and international speakers share their learnings about Product, UX and Growth with the participants.
- Product Stars Brazil - The event gather a constellation of experienced people to share experiences and hacks from day to day.
- Growth Camp Brazil - The event is made by specialists for specialists who already operate in the market and have big interactions with Product Managers. In addition they always bring international keynotes.
Core 4: Get the Job
Hiring a Product Manager Tips/Tricks
- Inspire Me with your Job Description - Writing a job description that attracts inspired product managers from Mark Stephan
- Find, Vet and Close the Best Product Managers - How to find, Vet and Close the Best Product Managers by Todd Jackson, VP of Product and Design at Dropbox
Career Prep: Resume
- How do you write a good resume for product manager jobs? - Sample Advice on Quora
- Mike Bracco - Sample PM Resume - Sample Resume Website from a PM
- Adam Mathes - Sample PM Resume - Sample Resume Website from a PM
- How to get that Next PM Job - 200 slides from Google PM
- Nicholas Ivanecky - Sample PM Website - Nicholas Ivanecky Resume Website
Career Prep: Where to Apply
- ProductHired.com - Simplify your Product Manager Job Search
- PathtoProduct.com - Discover over 1,000 product jobs at startups and tech companies
Career Prep: The Interview
- Preparing for PM interviews: how to get there in 15–20 hours - Preparing for PM interviews
- How to Prepare for PM interviews - How to Prepare for PM interviews
- How to become a Product Manager (for college students) - How to become a Product Manager (for college students)
- Cracking the PM Interview - Book based on getting a PM career
- The Ultimate Guide to Product Manager Interview Questions - PM Questions to Practice
- The PM Interview - Set of Questions + Timer to practice your PM skills.
- The Ultimate Guide to Product Manager Interview Questions - Quora PM Questions
- 4 Questions I Always Ask When Interviewing Product Managers - 4 Questions to ask a PM
- Product School - Product School 2-month Education
- Interview Question Prep for PM Interviews - Prep Questions from Rafi Lurie, APM at Uber.
- How To Get A PM Job With The Yammer Mafia - In-person - How to Join The Yammer PM Mafia
- The Best Student Activity for Product Managers By Jackie Bavaro - The Best Student Activity for Product Managers
- Acing the Product Management Interview - Allan Hui
- 7 Steps: Interview Strategy to Get into Product Management With No Experience - Afroz Mohammad
- Product Management Job Interview Exercises - Free repository of PM job interview questions and answers
- Exponent - Exponent offers online courses, a free interview questions database, and a Slack community for mock interviews.
Career Prep: Company Types
- Google by Larry page and Sergey Brin - Google's culture
- Microsoft - Microsoft PM Culture
- Amazon - Amazon's culture
- Facebook - Facebook PM Culture
- The Ultimate Google APM Interview Guide - This guide explains each stage of the Google APM interview and has practice interview questions that were asked at Google
Top Product Managers
- Ken Norton - Partner @GVTeam. Formerly PM @Google.
- Josh Elman - Partner, @GreylockVC: @Medium, @Jelly, @AppMeerkat, @Operator, @discordapp @Nextdoor.
- Hunter Walk - @homebrew, Seed Stage Venture Fund w @satyap. Made products at YouTube, Google & SecondLife.
- Ian McAllister - Director of Product at Airbnb. Former Amazon and founder of @AmazonSmile.
- Marty Cagan - I'm a partner at Silicon Valley Product Group, specializing in product teams and product strategy
- Ellen Chisa - VP Product for http://lolatravel.com , temporary @harvardhbs dropout.
- Jackie Bavaro - Asana Product Manager. Co-Author of Cracking the PM Interview. Previously @ Google & Microsoft
- Fernando Delgado - Sr. Product Manager at Google. Previously worked as an Entrepreneur, Product Management Coach, and Sr Director of Product Management at Yahoo.
- Julie Zhuo - Product design VP @ Facebook.
- Joel Spolsky - CEO of Stack Overflow, co-founder of Fog Creek Software (FogBugz, Kiln), and creator of Trello.
- Bruce McCarthy - Innovator, consultant, coach, and evangelist for better products and product development
- Des Traynor - Co-founder of @intercom.
- Sachin Rekhi - Entrepreneur, Product Guy, and Software Engineer.
- Adam Nash - CEO @Wealthfront
- Rich Mironov - Tech start-up veteran, product exec/coach/mentor, writer (Art of Product Management)
- Eric Ries - Trying to change how startups are built.
- Steven Sinofsky - Board Partner @a16z • Adviser @BoxHQ • Writings @ Learning by Shipping
- Janna Bastow - Co-Founder of MTP/CEO at ProdPad/CoFounder ProductTank and ProductCamp London
- Martin Eriksson - Co-Founder at MTP/ProductTank
- Simon Cast - Co Founder MTP/ProductTank/ProdPad
- Charunethran Panchalam Govindarajan - Product Manager, Intel / Social Entrepreneur / Tech Enthusiast
- Special Thanks to Paul Cothenet for providing the Base of Core 1: Product Management
Contributing to the list
To the extent possible under law, Nicholas Ivanecky has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.