by Andreas Krennmair firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsbeuter is an RSS feed reader for the text console. Zed Shaw called it "The Mutt of Feed Readers".
It is designed to run on Unix-like operating systems such as Linux. NetBSD is currently not supported, due to technical limitations.
You can download the latest version of newsbeuter from the following website: http://www.newsbeuter.org/
Alternatively, you can check out the latest version from the newsbeuter Git repository (hosted on GitHub):
git clone git://github.com/akrennmair/newsbeuter.git
Newsbeuter depends on a number of libraries, which need to be installed before newsbeuter can be compiled.
- STFL (version 0.21 or newer)
- SQLite3 (version 3.5 or newer)
- libcurl (version 7.18.0 or newer)
- GNU gettext (on systems that don't provide gettext in the libc): ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gettext/
- json-c (version 0.11 or newer)
Debian unstable comes with ready-to-use packages for these dependencies.
Compiling and installing newsbeuter is as simple as:
make make install
Andreas Krennmair email@example.com
- Bugs and whatnot should be reported to the issue tracker
- Drop us a line at Newsbeuter mailing list
- Chat with developers and feelow users on #newsbeuter at Freenode
Newsbeuter is licensed under the MIT/X Consortium License. See the file LICENSE for further details.