☁️ Awesome Serverless
A curated list of awesome services, solutions and resources for serverless / nobackend applications.
Table of contents
- What is "serverless" computing?
- All in one solutions
- Hosting and code execution in the cloud
- Isomorphic Engines
- Authentication and authorization
- Image management and File storage
- SMS sending
- Push notifications
- Email sending, subscriptions and newsletters
- Related artices
What is "serverless" computing?
The phrase “serverless” doesn’t mean servers are no longer involved. It simply means that developers no longer have to think "that much" about them. Computing resources get used as services without having to manage around physical capacities or limits. Let's take for example AWS Lambda. "Lambda allows you to NOT think about servers. Which means you no longer have to deal with over/under capacity, deployments, scaling and fault tolerance, OS or language updates, metrics, and logging."
All in one solutions
- Firebase - Realtime database, authentication, hosting. A powerful platform for your mobile or web application.
- Backendless - Realtime database, authentication, hosting.
- Stamplay - "IFTTT For Back-End Development".
- Kinvey - Build your digital business faster with mobile Backend as a Service.
- Syncano - An all-in-one platform to create realtime apps without a server.
- Hoodie - Hoodie is a complete backend for your apps: develop your frontend code.
- UserApp - The user management API. Fastest way to build user management with payments, email, and social.
Hosting and code execution in the cloud
- Amazon Lambda - Run code without thinking about servers. Pay for only the compute time you consume.
- Google Cloud Functions - Lightweight, event-based, asynchronous compute solution that allows you to create small, single-purpose functions that respond to cloud events without the need to manage a server or a runtime environment.
- Azure Functions - Listen and react to events across your stack.
- Fission - Fast, extensible, open source serverless functions on any Kubernetes cluster
- IBM OpenWhisk - Distributed compute service to execute application logic in response to events.
- iron.io - Isolates code and dependencies of individual tasks so they can be processed on demand.
- weblab.io - Microservices at your fingertips.
- Peer5 - The serverless CDN. Limitless, affordable video delivery. More traffic means a stronger network.
- Auth0 Webtasks - Run code with an HTTP call. No provisioning. No deployment.
- Webscripts - Scripting on the web.
- APItools - Troubleshoot, Modify, Monitor API traffic.
- Surge - Deploy static sites from the command line.
- Netlify - Generate & deploy static sites from git repositories.
- Effe - a simple Open Source building block to emulate AWS Lambda.
- Lever OS - Serverless + Microservices = ♥
- Now - realtime node.js deployments
- Brightwork - Backend in a box for Developers
- OpenComponents - Serverless microservices for front-end components
- Kloudbit - Kloudbit helps developers build robust applications without the hassle of backend coding and server management.
- lychee.js - Isomorphic adapters allow peer-to-peer event-graphed WebSockets and HTTP1.1, SPDY and HTTP2.0 sockets for node, node-sdl, html, html-nwjs and html-webview (both native and embedded).
- Serverless Framework - Build and maintain web, mobile and IoT applications running on AWS Lambda and API Gateway (formerly known as JAWS).
- Apex - Minimal AWS Lambda function manager with Go support.
- Zappa - Serverless Python WSGI with AWS Lambda + API Gateway.
- ClaudiaJS - Deploy Node.js microservices to AWS easily.
- Lambada Framework - JAX-RS implementation for AWS Lambda.
- DEEP - Full-stack Web Framework for Cloud-Native Applications and Platforms using Microservices Architecture.
- Turtle - library for building functional and actor-driven NodeJS apps on Lambda
- Sparta - A framework that transforms a Go application into an AWS Lambda powered microservice.
- Kappa - a command line tool that (hopefully) makes it easier to deploy, update, and test functions for AWS Lambda.
- Shep - A framework for building APIs using AWS API Gateway and Lambda
- python-λ - A toolkit for developing and deploying serverless Python code in AWS Lambda
- λambdify - AWS Lambda automation and integration for Python
- Gordon - λ Gordon is a tool to create, wire and deploy AWS Lambdas using CloudFormation
- Chalice - Python serverless microframework from Amazon for AWS lambda
- lambdoku - Heroku-like experience when using AWS Lambda
- IronFunctions - The Serverless Microservices platform
Logging / Monitoring / Performance / Tracing
- IOpipe - Application Performance Monitoring & Management for serverless applications.
Authentication and authorization
- Stripe Webtask - Accept Stripe payments without a backend using Webtasks.
- Stripe Serverless webhook - Serverless Module that creates a webhook for Stripe.
- Stripe Lambda function - A Lambda function for charging cards with Stripe
- CommerceJS - Full-stack ecommerce api for developers & designers.
- EndlessCommerce - Open source ecommerce platform based on Serverless framework.
- Form.io - JSON Powered Form and Data Management Platform for Serverless applications.
- Formspree - Functional HTML forms.
- Tectite FormMail - FormMail, form Encryption, hosted Forms.
- Google Forms - Create and analyze online forms and surveys.
- TellForm - A free, opensource form builder similar to Google Forms or TypeForm that can create stunning forms for recruiting, market research and more.
Image management and File storage
- Filestack - Image management system with Filestack - upload files, transform images, videos, and documents, store content and deliver fast via CDN.
- Kloudless - Integrate with one, universal API and connect to many file storage and CRM services.
- Uploadcare - HTML5 widget, API to manage files in cloud storage, smart and fast CDN to deliver them to your end users. Crop, resize and transform uploaded images using URL commands.
- ReSRC.it - The Responsive Image Service that delivers brilliantly optimized, pixel perfect images to any device.
- Pusher - Build Apps, Not Infrastructure.
- Pubnub - PubNub utilizes a Publish/Subscribe model for realtime data streaming.
Email sending, subscriptions and newsletters
- Lambda Mailer - AWS Lambda for sending emails.
- Serverless Mailer - Serverless Module for sending emails.
- Mailchimp Lambda - A Lambda function for subscribing to a MailChimp list.
- Mailchimp Lambda Single Opt-in - An Amazon Lambda function for creating MailChimp subscriptions with single opt-in.
- serverless-twilio - Serverless Module to send SMS via twilio.
- Ionic Push Service - Notifications for Android, iOS with Ionic Cloud.
- Pushover Notifications for Android, iOS, and Desktop.
- ZeroPush Transactional Push Notifications for Developers.
- PushWizard Multi-platform Push Notification Service.
- Pushed Send push notifications without developing your own app.
- Plot Projects Geofencing push notifications.
- XtremePush Web Push Notifications.
- Push Apps Push Notifications Enrichment Platform.
- Algolia - Hosted cloud search as a service.
- aws-lambda-go - Run standard Go code on the AWS Lambda platform.
- remoteStorage - An open protocol for per-user storage.
- Sockethub - A polyglot (speaking many different protocols and APIs) messaging service for social and other interactive messaging applications.
- serverless-slack-webhook - Serverless Module that creates a webhook for Slack.
- Docker Lambda - Docker images and test runners that replicate the live AWS Lambda environment
- faas - Run Docker containers as functions on Swarm Mode (blog post)
- Lambda Comments - Blog commenting system built with AWS Lambda
- LambCI - A continuous integration system built on AWS Lambda
- LambStatus - A status page system built on AWS Lambda (demo)
- Serverless Framework (CloudAcademy) - A Deep Overview of the Best AWS Lambda + API Gateway Automation Solution
- AWS Lambda Microservices Architecture for Node.js
- The Serverless Start-Up - Down With Servers!
- Microservices without the Servers
- A startup journey on AWS: from bare metal monolith to serverless microservices
- unhosted.org - unhosted web apps. freedom from web 2.0's monopoly platforms
- Static Web Applications
- Just Serverless
- Serverless Architectures
- Migrating a Native JAVA REST API to a Serverless Architecture with the Lambada Framework for AWS
- Serverless - Patterns of Modern Application Design Using Microservices (Amazon Web Services Edition).
- Serverless Single Page Apps - The Pragmatic Bookshelf.
- Learn Serverless - Book about the Serverless framework.
- Serverless Architectures on AWS.
- Building Serverless Architectures Book about building serverless applications in JAVA.
- OpenWhisk Workshop - Interactive workshop to learn about building serverless applications with OpenWhisk.
AWS re:Invent videos
- ↑↑↓↓←→←→ BA Lambda Start
- Application Lifecycle Management in a Serverless World
- bots + serverless = ❤
- Coca-Cola: Running Serverless Applications with Enterprise Requirements
- Content and Data Platforms at Vevo: Rebuilding and Scaling from Zero
- Operating Your Production API
- Optimizing the Data Tier in Serverless Web Applications
- Real-time Data Processing Using AWS Lambda
- Serverless Apps with AWS Step Functions
- Serverless Computing Patterns at Expedia
- Using AWS Lambda to Build Control Systems for Your AWS Infrastructure
- What’s New with AWS Lambda
You want to contribute to this project? Please follow these recommendations.