Generates a EPUB/MOBI/PDF for the Google SRE Book.
Original sources are downloaded from https://landing.google.com/sre/
$ docker run --rm --volume "$(pwd):/output" captn3m0/google-sre-ebook:latest
- You should see the final EPUB/MOBI/PDF files in the
outputdirectory after the above runs.
- The file may be owned by the root user.
NOTE: You'll have to allow docker access to a directory that's local to your system. The safest way to do this is as follows:
$ mkdir /tmp/sreoutput $ chcon -Rt svirt_sandbox_file_t /tmp/sreoutput $ docker run --rm --volume "/tmp/sreoutput:/output" captn3m0/google-sre-ebook:latest
The build for the above Docker image can be audited at https://cloud.docker.com/swarm/captn3m0/repository/docker/captn3m0/google-sre-ebook/builds.
Review and run the
bootstrap.sh script to generate the EPUB, MOBI, and PDF files
gem install bundler
gem install nokogiri
brew install pandoc
brew cask install calibre
brew install wget
- Inline references are not handled in the best possible way
- metadata.xml is not complete. There are just too many authors
- Foreword/Preface is not part of the index
This is licensed under WTFPL. See COPYING file for the full text.