Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Robinhood Policy Engine
Robinhood Policy Engine is a versatile tool to manage contents of large file systems. It maintains a replicate of filesystem medatada in a database that can be queried at will. It makes it possible to schedule mass action on filesystem entries by defining attribute-based policies, provides fast 'find' and 'du' enhanced clones, gives to administrators an overall view of filesystem contents through its web UI and command line tools.
It supports any POSIX filesystem and implements advanced features for Lustre filesystems (list/purge files per OST or pool, read MDT changelogs...)
Originally developped for HPC, it has been designed to perform all its tasks in parallel, so it is particularly adapted for running on large filesystems with millions of entries and petabytes of data. But of course, you can take benefits of all its features for managing smaller filesystems, like '/tmp' of workstations.
- Policy Engine: schedule actions on filesystem entries according to admin-defined criteria, based on entry attributes.
- User/group usage accounting, including file size profiling.
- Extra-fast 'du' and 'find' clones.
- Customizable alerts on filesystem entries.
- Aware of Lustre OSTs and pools.
- Filesystem disaster recovery tools.
- Download latest version: robinhood 3.1 (2017/09/26)
- Online documentation
- Papers and presentations
- Browse code
- Checkout git repository:
git clone https://github.com/cea-hpc/robinhood.git
- Send a mail to the support mailing list: email@example.com
Get updated by subscribing those mailing lists:
Get involved in robinhood development:
- robinhood-devel: design and coding discussions.