Zou is the memory of your animation production
Zou is an API that stores and manages data related to animation productions. It allows you to centralize and access to all your data. Your tools connect to it and query the data from your production. Your Artists manage their files and their tasks more efficiently. It helps them to spend more time on the artistic side.
A dedicated Python client, Gazu, allows users to integrate Zou into the tools.
- Store production data, such as projects, shots, assets, tasks, metadata files, and validations.
- Track the progress of your artists
- Store preview files and version them
- Provide folder and file paths for any task.
- Import and Export data to CSV files.
- Provide helpers to manage workflow tasks (start, publish, retake).
- Listen to events to plug external modules on it.
Installation and documentation
Installation of Zou requires the setup of third-party tools such as a database instance, so it is recommended to the follow the documentation:
Contributions are welcomed so long as the C4 contract is respected.
Zou is based on Python and the Flask framework.
You can use the pre-commit hook for Black (a python code formatter) before commiting :
pip install pre-commit pre-commit install
Instructions for setting up a development environment are available in the documentation
- @BigRoy (Colorbleed)
- @flablog (Les Fées Spéciales)
- @frankrousseau (CGWire) - maintainer
- @g-Lul (TNZPV)
- @pcharmoille (Unit Image)
Zou is written by CGWire, a company based in France. We help teams of animation studios to collaborate better. We provide tools to more than 50 studios spread all around the world.
On the technical side, we apply software craftmanship principles as much as possible. We love coding and consider that strong quality and good developer experience matter a lot.
Visit cg-wire.com for more information.