Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
How to create figures?
See more generally how to compile the results.
- All charts should follow the chosen matplotlib style
- A few exceptions and their justifications:
- Dashed and dotted line styles are overwritten, because in some styles they are hard to recognize
- Axes colors to make sure that they are visible
- Font size to avoid too large fonts
- All figures should have a title
- All axes should have titles/labels
- For categorical/nominal axes preferably all values should be shown
- The axis styles should reflect the measurement level of the variable
- Left and bottom axis are displayed, right and top axes are not displayed
- Raw data and sample properties charts should include the individual values. Population properties shouldn't include the individual values.
- When displaying individual cases, size of the signs should be proportional with the number of cases with that values
- The value the largest sign represent should be displayed (unless it is 1)
- With repeated measure data the neighboring condition values should be connected
- Ordinal variables
See also the chart related issues.