What is PiSignage?
PiSignage is a HD video capable Digital Signage Player based on standard and off-the-shelf components. It connects to TV via HDMI port and is powered from any standard USB source(~0.75A). It is based on credit-card sized Raspberry Pi computer(Model B/B+/pi2) and completely solid-state.
PiSignage can be managed individually by a Browser(Chrome preferred) or centrally by a Server or using the hosted service at pisignage.com.
Managing Screens is just a few steps
- Upload images/videos, provide web or streaming links, design and upload HTML assets as a zip file
- Create playlists by selecting files, drag and rearrange, select duration. You can select one of the 8 layouts provided for playlist, add a ticker feed and insert contents of playlists in between other playlist(advertisement)
- Group players, schedule multiple playlists based on time or events and change display settings. Deploy playlists at the click of a button to all the players in the group
- Get status and reports about player, upgrade software centrally to all players, issue debug commands from the server.
Android and Chrome apps for more functions
- Discover players in the local network and manage individually
- Browse the content and present individual video or a slideshow
Please visit pisignage.com to know more about features and benefits.
Getting the Player ready
Note: By downloading and using piSignage Player software, you agree to our Terms Of Service
There are 2 ways you can get the piSignage Player Software ( pi 3 is supported)
Method 1: Download image and Prepare the SD card
You can get a fresh 8GB or more class 10 micro-SD card and burn the image to it as follows.
Download the complete piSignage player iso image, both support pi 3B+ (please unzip and program the SD card)
Unzip the file
Burn the image to a minimum 8GB class 10 SD card using one of the following options
Use [ Image Writer ] (https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/precise/usb-imagewriter/)
Use Apple pi Baker
Find out your sd card to be programmed using
diskutil listand program using the following command.
$ sudo dd bs=1m if=pisignage_1.1.5.img of=/dev/rdiskX
Use Win32DiskImager utility in administator mode.
More Info on image Installation refer to
Insert the programmed SD card to pi and power ON.
Register your player with player id at www.pisignage.com to manage from the cloud.
Get in touch with us at email@example.com for any assistance or to order prebuilt pisignage image SD card.
Method 2: Install on top of latest Raspbian OS
We have discontinued this method of installation, please use the piSignage image to prepare the SD card. If you have specific requirements to install piSignage image on top of your OS, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To locally discover and manage piSignage players use chrome-app
- To control the player using smartphone, download pisingage android-app
- To manage players using your own local Server use piSignage open-source server code
- To experience piSignage player in the browser, you can download chrome app from Chrome store
Installing piSigange video
- Use Ctrl-T to go to terminal when piSignage is running
- Use F6 or Ctrl-N to configure Network settings and config/media servers
Default Username & Password
- use pi & pi
- Change the username and password for http login in file ~piSignagePro/htpasswd
Refer piSignage support page