What is PiSignage?
PiSignage is a very popular Digital Signage Player Software primarily for Raspberry Pi boards and now supports other Debian based hardware platforms as well.
All Raspberry Pi models are supported (please use specific image for Raspberry Pi zero and zero w models).
Raspberry Pi connects to TV through HDMI interface and runs on a standard USB power supply.
The new player2 software (v4.x.x onwards) supports mainly Raspberry Pi and also other platforms based on Debian/Ubuntu (for e.g. Intel NUC).
PiSignage players can be managed centrally using managed services at pisignage.com or using a separate server using open sourced server software or independently using player webUI (http://player-ip:8000).
Managing Screens is just a few steps
- Upload images/videos, provide web or streaming links, design and upload HTML assets as a zip file
- Create playlists by selecting one of the built-in layouts or custom layouts created using the template designer, add assets(drag and rearrange for the desired order), enter duration of play for each asset. You can also add a ticker feed and define special playlists for adverts insertion, domination content, lounge music and content play based on events
- Create Groups and assign players to a group which needs to play the same playlists. Then you can assign and schedule multiple playlists to a group. You can also define display settings and other properties of the group. Whenever ready, Deploy playlists at the click of a button to all the players in the group.
- You can centrally monitor the players in the dashboard/player screens,view current snapshot of TV, get reports, update software and also issue debug piShell commands.
More functions and utilities
- You can play/pause playlists, play individual assets from both player and server UIs.
- Players can operate in kiosk mode pointing to the URL provided and play normal playlists when no key is pressed.
- Auto-configuration of players and many such features for bulk management of players.
Please visit pisignage.com to know more about features and benefits.
Getting the Player ready
Note: By downloading and using piSignage Player software, you agree to our Terms Of Service
There are 2 ways you can get the piSignage Player Software
Method 1: Download image and Prepare the SD card
Download PDF Guide (little outdated)
You can get a fresh 8GB or more class 10 micro-SD card and burn the image to it as follows.
Download the complete piSignage player iso image
A.Recommended Original Player Software (For Raspberry Pi Models 2/3/4/Compute Models)
B. Player2 Software (CAUTION: only for Raspberry Pi 4 with minimum 2GB memory)
Supports latest releases of Raspberry OS and new software architecture
This player uses new code base, based on learnings of all these years and to take care of newer technologies of Raspberry OS
- If you face any issue with 4.9.0 please use previous image Download 4.8.1 based on Sep 2022 Raspberry OS release or 4.8.1 Gdrive link
C.For Pi Zero/Pi 1/Compute-Model-1/Pi 2 models
D. Player2 software For Radxa Rock 4C+ ONLY
- Simple copy file will not work.
Insert the programmed SD card into the Raspberry Pi and power ON.
Register your player with player id at www.pisignage.com to manage from the cloud.
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance or to order prebuilt piSignage image SD card.
Method 2: Install on top of the latest Raspbian OS or Debian/Ubuntu variant for other platforms
You could install player2 on top of standard Raspberry OS or Debian OS for other platforms yourselves.
- To manage players using your own local Server use piSignage open-source server code
- To experience piSignage player in the browser, you could load https://pisignage.com/getplayer in chromium browser
Installing piSignage video
Few Points to remember
- Default Username & Password: use pi & pi
- Player webUI: http://player-ip:8000
- Ctrl+N or F6: for network/server config from USB keyboard
- Ctrl+Alt+T or F2 for terminal
Refer piSignage support page