Ansible Collection - devsec.hardening
This collection provides battle tested hardening for:
- Linux operating systems:
- CentOS 7
- Rocky Linux 8
- Debian 10/11
- Ubuntu 18.04/20.04/22.04
- Amazon Linux (some roles supported)
- Arch Linux (some roles supported)
- Fedora (some roles supported)
- Suse Tumbleweed (some roles supported)
- MariaDB >= 5.5.65, >= 10.1.45, >= 10.3.17
- MySQL >= 5.7.31, >= 8.0.3
- Nginx 1.0.16 or later
- OpenSSH 5.3 and later
The hardening is intended to be compliant with the Inspec DevSec Baselines:
Looking for the old roles?
The roles are now part of the hardening-collection.
We have kept the old releases of the
os-hardening role in this repository, so you can find the them by exploring older tags.
The last release of the standalone role was 6.2.0.
The other roles are in separate archives repositories
Minimum required Ansible-version
- Ansible >= 2.9.10
In progress, not working:
Install the collection via ansible-galaxy:
ansible-galaxy collection install devsec.hardening
Using this collection
Please refer to the examples in the readmes of the role.
See Ansible Using collections for more details.
Contributing to this collection
See the contributor guideline.
See the changelog.
- Ansible Collection overview
- Ansible User guide
- Ansible Developer guide
- Ansible Collections Checklist
- Ansible Community code of conduct
- The Bullhorn (the Ansible Contributor newsletter)
- Changes impacting Contributors
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.